Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 2.0.16 bugs

rushonerok

I have found these in previous versions but was hoping that 2.0.16 fixed them. They are still here so maybe no one has reported them?

BUG 1 (very annoying)
Sometimes when I am working with channels at the top of the screen and click play it will play the sequence and move back to the beginning of the visible screen when it's done. Then if I scroll to channels that were off screen in another track the timeline looks right but the events are wrong. It looks like the events never moved back to the beginning of the visible screen but the timeline did. It only resets after you verticle scroll that track.

BUG 2 (very annoying)
When you are working in Track A and highlight a bunch of cells, then move to Track B to do something, then move back to Track A. If you try setting one cell to an effect it applies it to all of the previously selected cells instead of the one that you clicked. To me it seems it would be more fluid if the selection in the old cells was lost when you highlighted new cells in another track. This would eliminate this bug.

BUG 3 (less annoying)
Create new musical sequence with 1 channel.
Import channel configuration (Mine is 144 channels in 7 tracks).
The sequence is never updated with the new channels.
When I save the sequence the channels will appear.

I hope some of these can be fixed!

Thanks,
Rush

BUG 1 (very annoying)
Sometimes when I am working with channels at the top of the screen and click play it will play the sequence and move back to the beginning of the visible screen when it's done. Then if I scroll to channels that were off screen in another track the timeline looks right but the events are wrong. It looks like the events never moved back to the beginning of the visible screen but the timeline did. It only resets after you verticle scroll that track.

I haven't yet been able to get this to happen. Could you please give some more information?

What is your play range set to (e.g. "visible screen", "selection")?

Do you have "loop at end" on or off?

Do you have a freeform play range selected? If so, what is it?

What time range is displayed before play?

What time range is selected, in each track, before play?

What track is displayed before play?

How do you start play?

How do you stop play?

What time range is displayed, in each track, after play?

BUG 2 (very annoying)
When you are working in Track A and highlight a bunch of cells, then move to Track B to do something, then move back to Track A. If you try setting one cell to an effect it applies it to all of the previously selected cells instead of the one that you clicked. To me it seems it would be more fluid if the selection in the old cells was lost when you highlighted new cells in another track. This would eliminate this bug.

Yes, I think this makes more sense than the current way that we do it. We will change it so that clicking on a track other than the one that's currently active resets that track's selected area to what you click on.

BUG 3 (less annoying)
Create new musical sequence with 1 channel. Import channel configuration (Mine is 144 channels in 7 tracks). The sequence is never updated with the new channels. When I save the sequence the channels will appear.

I haven't yet been able to get this to happen, either. Could you please send me a copy of the channel config file you are using?

Thanks.

Guest wbottomley

Bob... one thing I noticed; when your press the play button that has the + sign on it twice, an error box appears.

Can't remember what it says right now but I think it's out of range or subscript invalid.

when your press the play button that has the + sign on it twice, an error box appears.

I can't make this one happen either (I'm having no luck today!), but I think we might be able to stop it from happening anyway.

Edit: And I don't mean "It doesn't give an error when I press it twice", I mean I'm not fast enough to press it twice in the first place.

here are videos for bug 1 and 3 and also my channel config.

http://files.rushfrisby.com/misc/LorBugs.zip

For bug 1 you can skip to the 2:00 mark. My previous description was a little wrong. When you are working with channels at the top and scroll to channels that were previously off screen the entire track is off (timings and events) as if that track had never repositioned itself while you were working at the top.

Hope this helps.

I too had bugs with 2.0.16 similar to Rush's bug #2. In my case I was doing a musical sequence in between shows that lasted 14 minutes.

Instead of just static lights I wanted to fade up and down slowly to draw attention to my light display. I inserted timing marks at equal intervals. When I chose a cell to fade instead of just that cell fading it did the entire channel the whole way to the end of the song. I had to turn the cells on then off and then it would accept the fade up or down stopping at the timing marks.

The second bug was in the animation. I have a picture of my house. When I try to resize the image it goes completely black as if you are simulating night and that box is not even checked. The only thing that you can see is the simulated lights that are around my windows, doors, eve and so on.

Thanks for a great product and I know the bugs will get exterminated!

here are videos for bug 1 and 3 and also my channel config.

Thanks. They don't play on my computer, though... Windows Media Player complains that a necessary codec is missing. Do you know what codecs are required to view the videos you've made?

I used Camtasia studio to record them so I guess whatever the default codec is for that. I'll try converting them to WMV files for you when I get home from work so you don't have to mess with finding the right codec.

bob,

I tried converting the videos to WMV but since that format only supported 800x600 and my original video is 1024x786 when it resized the video you couldn't make out what I was doing on the screen.

Instead I found the download page for the camtasia codec for you!

http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp

It should be the first one listed on the page. Let me know if this works or not.

- Rush

• 3 weeks later...

Were you able to see the videos?

I also found something else. When you right click on a track name and choose to move that track up or down, your view is reset to the beginning of the time line and up to the first track. (ie. the vertical and horizontal scroll bars reset so you are at the top left most position.)

Instead it should keep your scroll bar positions intact.

OK, after looking at your videos, I can make both of these happen now. Thanks. We will look into them and try to get them fixed.

In the meantime, I think that I have noticed something that might mitigate the first issue a little:

Just after you first open up the sequence, first thing that you do, scroll between the various tracks, so that you show each of them at least once. The problem doesn't seem to happen if you have done that (at least not that I've seen).