Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL Lesson

debtoews

Just wanted to share an issue we had and how it was fixed.  We do multiple house with multiple networks.  3 streets are involved.  When we initially set up, 2 of the streets, their lights were stuck on or randomly flashed when I ran a test program, when instead they were to turn on one at a time. Initially, in order to save time/poles, my husband placed both the transmitting and receiving ELL's on the same pole. Bad idea.  Magically, once we separated the transmitting and receiving ELL's, the show came on and worked perfectly.  Just wanted to share so hopefully no one else experiences the same issue.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, debtoews said:

Initially, in order to save time/poles, my husband placed both the transmitting and receiving ELL's on the same pole. Bad idea.  Magically, once we separated the transmitting and receiving ELL's, the show came on and worked perfectly. 

I assume this was for a situation where the two ELLs are in a relay configuration - i.e. One is receiving from a "master" location, and the other is transmitting the data to an even farther location(s).  I'm a radio guy, I could explain why it did not work well when they were very close.  However you figured it out.  Glad you got it working!

• Like 1