Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR1602W or PC-CTB16 (Ready to go)

Panteradon

Don

If you plan on running your show from either a computer or a mp3 director, then I would recommend the 16PC. You can get more controllers for your money.

The 1602's are a little easier to setup, as you don't need to set up each controller via the hardware editor. They can also control other controllers acting as a director

Don,

If you can swing it, I'd go for the 1602 first, I originally did, and then when you expand, you can get the Pc-ctb16's and it will control it.

I know that i've used my 1602 at least on 5 occasions just for the standalone feature. And being my first time with LOR, It was alot easier to just learn the in's and out's of LOR, Without the additional trouble of assembleing the board myself.

Just my 2 cents.

-Nick

I purchased 2 1602W's during the first sale. These were my first and other than a quick test to make sure everything worked, I haven't messed with them. How difficult is it to set up the Unit ID's? I was going to buy another 1602W Saturday, but after reading some of the posts I'm concidering getting 2 PC-CTB16PC's. I need more channels. :P

Thanks,

Daren

Setting id's on the PC units is a simple as plugging them in and running the hardware utility. You have to do one at a time but you only have to do them once - unless you want to change the id. It's very simple.