Light-O-Rama Forums

Crud

Thebug

I'm setting up my system and I'm testing it tonight. On two of my control boxes when I plug in my Cat5 cables into the ports the red blinking light goes away but nothing runs when I'm running a show on demand. And the red light actually goes out there's no light whatsoever. As soon as I unplug the CAT5 from both ports the red light starts blinking again. What am I doing wrong? Oh controllers are ctb16pc

6 minutes ago, Thebug said:

I'm setting up my system and I'm testing it tonight. On two of my control boxes when I plug in my Cat5 cables into the ports the red blinking light goes away but nothing runs when I'm running a show on demand. And the red light actually goes out there's no light whatsoever. As soon as I unplug the CAT5 from both ports the red light starts blinking again. What am I doing wrong? Oh controllers are ctb16pc

1) Prior to running a show did you set up the controllers correctly?

2) Comm Listener must be running !

3) Are you using the RS485 adapter (a little confusing when you say "plugging into ports") which ports controller or computer.

I am assuming (thinking) you purchased these used.

I will pm you my phone number

JR

Edited by dibblejr

45 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

1) Prior to running a show did you set up the controllers correctly?

2) Comm Listener must be running !

3) Are you using the RS485 adapter (a little confusing when you say "plugging into ports") which ports controller or computer.

I am assuming (thinking) you purchased these used.

I will pm you my phone number

JR

Thanks for your help I appreciate it the few minutes on the phone with you.

Update-- apparently my CAT 5 cable making skills are a little off threw away the offending two chords plug them back in everything worked. ?