Light-O-Rama Forums

Grouping-Ungrouping-Regrouping

namecipS

While sequencing I move all of my string colors together, white with white, red with red etc.  I'm moving the channels out of their groups.  My question is, is there an easy way to "regroup" the channels or do I have to manually move them back as I am currently?

50 minutes ago, namecipS said:

While sequencing I move all of my string colors together, white with white, red with red etc.  I'm moving the channels out of their groups.  My question is, is there an easy way to "regroup" the channels or do I have to manually move them back as I am currently?

Please don't tell us that you are moving all these channels around in the master track. You NEVER move channels around in the master track. You create seperate tracks so you can move channels as moving channels in the master can seriously screw up the channels you have already sequenced.

36 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Please don't tell us that you are moving all these channels around in the master track. You NEVER move channels around in the master track. You create seperate tracks so you can move channels as moving channels in the master can seriously screw up the channels you have already sequenced.

Yes, I've done it that way for a couple years now.  Never knew any different and so far, haven't had any issues.

Educate me on tracks.

If I create a "color" track or track 2, when I group my whites together and sequence on track 2, does that carry over to track 1 or master track?

Edited by namecipS

Just watched this video. 

I'm such a moron.  I'm guessing this track stuff is going to save me a ton of time.