Light-O-Rama Forums

PIXEL EDITOR AUDIO WAVEFORM NOT SCROLING - PLEASE HELP

Breeze

Please help, I just upgraded to LOR Pro to use the pixel editor to use RGB in my show. I am able to get everything up and running and working as per the directions but, the waveform does not scroll to the left with the sequence playing? This means I have to play the sequence from the beginning of the song every time I want to try and time an effect on a prop to the song. Also if I zoom in or play a sequence from any point in the song the timing does not match up to the sequence anymore.. The timing only works if the entire sequence is showing and I start from the beginning. This is making it almost impossible to sequence.. OMG please help I cant figure out what is causing this?? Any suggestions would be great AND THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH !!!

Hi Matt oh I hope you can help...I'm running it on Windows 7..  It seems like somethings wrong with the pixel editor. Everything works fine in sequence editor.. I read a thread where you answered someone that seemed to have the same type of issue and you said it was a preformence issue so, I installed on an i5 windows 7 computer with 16 gigs ram and the same issue is still happening.. I am so frustrated and cant figure out what is causing it.. Any suggestions at all would be great.. I upgraded to Pro for this feature and cant seem to use it.. Any ideas?

This worked for another user running Windows 7:

1) Click Start, right-click on Computer, select Properties. In the pop-up windows, click "Advanced system settings". In the next pop-up window, make sure the "Advanced" tab is selected and click on the "Settings" button in the Performance section. In the next pop-up window make sure the "Video Effects" tab is selected, then click the radio button for "Adjust for best performance". Click "OK" to save.

2) Minimize all windows so you can see your desktop. Right-click on a empty portion of the desktop and select "Personalize" from the pop-up menu. Scroll down through the themes until you find "Windows 7 Basic". Close the window.

That should do it.

Matt

Scroll down through the themes until you find "Windows 7 Basic".    >>> Click on "Windows 7 Basic" to select it <<<   Then close the window.

Left out one part...

Matt

Matt thank you so very much for your help.. Making those changes did fix the scrolling of the wave form.. There does seem to be one other thing though, If I zoom in or out of the sequence to try and match timings better, any particular beat (Or vocal phrase) doesn't match up anymore?

Meaning as an example, if a vocal phrase hits right on a timing mark with the waveform zoomed out to see the entire waveform, that vocal phrase will ALWAYS hit right on the same timing mark. But, If I zoom in or slide the sequence to the left to work on a different part of the song and play the song from the place im at in the sequence (Like using "Please from here to end, OR play visible) the same Phrase does not hit the same timing mark?

So it makes it hard to know where Im placing effects in the song as it changes depending on the view of the sequence / waveform.. Did that make sense? Any suggestions for this? Am I doing something incorrect here? And again THANK YOU so much for your time and help !!!

If you are using an MP3 file for your audio, try converting it to a WAV file. That format can be positioned more accurately when starting playback in the middle of a sequence.

Matt

Matt your the best... It seems to be working all correct now after converting to WAV from MP3.. Im going to try it a little more extensively thru tonight and I'll let ya know how it goes but for now it seems OK.. I'm going to convert all my MP3's to WAVs and hopefully that does it.. THANK YOU MY FRIEND SO MUCH...