Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR C9 pixels not working

zvacman

I purchased 4 strings of the green wire C9 pixels from LOR during the try it for free sale. The directions say that the black stripe wire is ALWAYS negative, the middle is data, and the last wire is positive. When wired like this and connected to my E682 controller I get nothing on a test pattern. If I switch the pixel type to something other than 2811 I get some pixels to light but no test pattern. I am feeding from the correct side and the controller works fine with all of my other pixels. Any help would be appreciated, these strings are for my roofline and need to be up before I get any snow.

Thanks in advance, Z

Edited by zvacman

Did you connect to middle data wire to the correct position on the E682 connector?  From your description, it almost sounds like you hooked the data to the clock position.  Clock is not used on WS2811 pixels, but when you select other pixel types, some DO use the clock which the WS2811 could be attempting to read as data.

E682_pinout.png

Edited by k6ccc

21 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Did you connect to middle data wire to the correct position on the E682 connector?  From your description, it almost sounds like you hooked the data to the clock position.  Clock is not used on WS2811 pixels, but when you select other pixel types, some DO use the clock which the WS2811 could be attempting to read as data.

E682_pinout.png

I connected them just like every other pixel string. I was wondering if maybe someone found that the LOR version of the C9 pixels had the wire pattern as -,+,data. Or some other combination of the three.

Z

• The topic was locked