Light-O-Rama Forums

Merging Pixel Editor

Rod Pauley

I thought you could merge Pixel Editor with and Sequence that was saved in Legacy Format. I did a test in musical sequence (11 seconds long)  that had word test in seconds 1-3.......... nothing in seconds 3-7 .......... and the word test in seconds 7-10. Then went to pixel editor and opened the test sequence file  and put in snowflakes from time 3.1 to 6.9. Save program and save intensity data. Now when I play it I only see the word test on screen (visualizer) for about .05 seconds......... then blank until I get to snowflakes which play OK ...... then the second test only plays for about .05 seconds.......... I did work fine until I added pixel editor info. I am using Version 40ccr pro version 4.3.24. 

It is possible to do what you are asking in S4, but with severe limitations. It is trivial to do in S5. S5 is currently in beta testing, which means it still has some bugs. However, it is available to anybody - the download link is in the beta release announcement posts in the Important Announcements forum. The latest S5 beta version is 5.0.10.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Ok downloaded the S5 version and it worked great for doing that. (after I figured out how to use it). My only question is it works great in a blank spot of original program but not if there is something there. Was thinking like if I had a town drawn in superstar and then wanted to add snowflakes would like to be able to tell snowflakes to be on top.......... just a thought........ or even a out of question thought it would be nice to be able to take sequence program and send it back to superstars. Thanks for your help

Did you add a second motion effect row (right-click on motion effect row name, then select "Add motion effect row"? With multiple motion effect rows, you can overlay any number of effects.

Matt

did not try that but I put the snowflakes in an motion effect row that was blank but it showed up underneath the town that was on non motion effect rows........ Not on top of the non motion effect rows. Meaning I could see the snowflakes where every the town had no pixels selected ........ but wanted the snowflakes on top so could see them going across the buildings....

2 hours ago, Rod Pauley said:

I put the snowflakes in an motion effect row that was blank but it showed up underneath the town that was on non motion effect rows........ Not on top of the non motion effect rows. Meaning I could see the snowflakes where every the town had no pixels selected ........ but wanted the snowflakes on top so could see them going across the buildings....

That is by design. Channel level effects overwrite motion effects.

Matt