Light-O-Rama Forums

when down loading free sequences and purchasing them off ebay or people send them to you for free

kyboy

need a little insight I am new to light o rama  any help will be highly appreciated as I am lost

I had somebody send me a bunch of sequences in a zip file I downloaded them  and saved them in my documents I wend to sequence editor to see how it would play and if it would play with the lights I have hooked up the file comes up in the documents I also load it up in sequence editor and the lay out comes up of the sequence when I press play I get an error that reads CANNOT OPEN FILE?

is their something special that I half to do with the zip file? before I can open and play it in sequence editor ? 

also does it matter if you have the music to it weather it plays or not ?

also what do I need to do when loading a sequence and mp3 file to were it creates the sequence ?

I know that is a lot to answer but like i said I am lost any help on getting these things to work would be awesome

SE cannot open from a zipped file. You must unzip it and place it in a folder. Normally if you extract it the zip tool such as WINRAR will create a subfile in the same zip file. That is sufficient but best practice is to unzip it to your sequence folder or a temp sequence folder.

Yes you need the music to the sequence. 

Best to download audacity and the LAME add on for audacity. 

Search for my "Now Accepting Free Requests" there are instructions in my first post. It pertains to singing faces but the Audacity conversion is the same.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Also you have to have your controller configuration set up and a vis to see how it will look.

There is a lot in between your statement that is missing.

JR

Make sure you get the exact same artist and version of the song that the original sequencer used, or else the sequencing might not match up very well.  It doesn't need to be off by much more than a fifth of a second before it starts looking crappy - kind of like an old movie on TV when the words and the lip movements don't match up.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:39 PM, dibblejr said:

SE cannot open from a zipped file. You must unzip it and place it in a folder. Normally if you extract it the zip tool such as WINRAR will create a subfile in the same zip file. That is sufficient but best practice is to unzip it to your sequence folder or a temp sequence folder.

Yes you need the music to the sequence. 

Best to download audacity and the LAME add on for audacity. 

Search for my "Now Accepting Free Requests" there are instructions in my first post. It pertains to singing faces but the Audacity conversion is the same.

JR

how do I extract it just right click it copy and then paste it in the lor sequence folder? thank you for the help

2 hours ago, kyboy said:

how do I extract it just right click it copy and then paste it in the lor sequence folder? thank you for the help

Normally when you receive a zip and double click the zip it will open that zip. It will show you whats in the zip. However before you are able to use the contents you have to save them. I'm not sure how winzip or some others I used to use are now however WINRAR will have an "extract to" option. If you do not select a different location it will extract them in that same zip folder but in a sub folder. If it is a sequence you can now use SE by double clicking on the sequence, SE will open it. 

Also I think you have to at least have the trial version of whatever zip program you are using.

Hope this helps, I share a lot of sequences with folks however normally its just the LMS file and I just email.

JR

8 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Normally when you receive a zip and double click the zip it will open that zip. It will show you whats in the zip. However before you are able to use the contents you have to save them. I'm not sure how winzip or some others I used to use are now however WINRAR will have an "extract to" option. If you do not select a different location it will extract them in that same zip folder but in a sub folder. If it is a sequence you can now use SE by double clicking on the sequence, SE will open it. 

Also I think you have to at least have the trial version of whatever zip program you are using.

Hope this helps, I share a lot of sequences with folks however normally its just the LMS file and I just email.

JR

thank you for your help may be its just the soft ware that the other person uses that's causing the problem any way if you have time you could send me a couple sequences of yours and I will save them in a different folder and see if I have the same problem with yours as I do these other ones once again thank you for your time!!!!

landonwebster123@gmail.com

In Windows 10 and in Windows 7 if you right click on the zip file in File Explorer, the context menu should offer "Extract All" after which you can direct it to the folder of your choosing. It will create  a subfolder with the extracted file/s inside.

7zip works well too as Bob O says.

Edited by PhilMassey