Light-O-Rama Forums

Help setting up new Pixel controlers please

callycoon

Hey guys, its been a few years since I have been able to run my show and  I just received my new CCPs in the mail and have been attempting to add them to my existing show. I am having trouble getting the sequence editor to recognize them and have tried playing around with them long enough with no resolution. I currently have to two CTB16PCG2 V4 controllers (units 1 and 2), two CB100D V1 controllers (Units 3-4 and 5-6) and two Pixie2D V3 controllers. The two pixie2D's are the two new strands that I am attempting to incorporate. I have set both IDs via the hardware utility to 7-8 and 9-0A. I have connected all listed controllers together using cat5 and then connected to PC using a high speed USB485 connector. When using the HU I am able to control the bulbs and my tests are communicating with every bulb. When I try to add the devices in sequence editor and run a song I am only getting response from the first 6 or so bulbs on each strand. I am inserting a device in my current sequence and setting the Unit to each respective ID. The 6 bulbs tell me that I am getting some sort of communication but when I copy and paste the CB100D channels that I have had from previous years so the lights will mimic each other I am having the above problem. I have tried to play with the setup and am continuing to have the same problem. All controllers were configured to Com4. The only other thing I can add that may be an issue is that the LED located on the Pixie circuit boards are solid red while all other controllers are green. Also when I connect all of the controls and run the HU only 4 controllers are found. (both CB100, one CTB, and one Pixie). not sure if this is normal, but shouldn't it find all 6 refreshed while all are daisy chained together? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure there is a post regarding this topic somewhere however I couldn't find it so I am sorry in advance for the redundancy.

Chris

You didn't mention it in your post, have you set them up in Network Preferences with the proper speeds, etc...?

As far as the HU seeing all the controllers at one time, I've had mixed success with this. I tend to create a sequence just for the new controllers to test them.

Check your channel config in SE, just to make sure it's right. Try creating a new test sequence with just the new controllers? (Pixie2's) Try a short sequence that will light every string one at a time to test each string.

Try hooking up just one controller at a time and see if your test sequence plays, then add another controller, test etc... The idea here is to verify one at time that the 2 new controllers are added to SE properly and working.

Alan...

Ok..problem solved. It would appear that the problem was that my hardware utility was failing to change the unit ID. It would say it was good but when I went to sequence editor it would revert back to unit 1. After continuing to fiddle with it eventually stuck for the new controllers. Thanks for any help given guys 

Chris 

• The topic was locked