Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Tree sequences

mjbadb

22 hours ago, Kyle Whitaker said:

jamills Do you happen to have any video of what it looks like?  Would you mind sending me a couple sequences that I could open up and see how they were done?

Sure thing - tell me your email address and I'll send something your way!

James

Looking for a few Pixel tree sequence if you don't mind sharing.

Chaput_denis@yahoo.com

Thank you

I am going to build a Pixel tree soon just ordered controllers etc.. If you would be willing to share some pixel tree sequences with me to get me started I woudl really appreciate it.  Please send to bchenoweth@mydecals.com.  Thank you in advance!

I'm looking for 16 strip sequences to use  as a base for a show I'm composing for ETCH in Knoxville, TN. Any sequences would be appreciated with the understanding of course I will need to be able to purchase the music for records. This is a nonprofit organization. Any suggestions or experiences on this subject are also appreciated. 

Thank you 

johnsshadowii@gmail.com 

• 6 months later...

Hi

I recently purchased (2) of the 16x25 LOR pixel tree kits and getting them set-up is really challenging me. I finally got to a point where I can get all the lights to come on through the hardware set-up, but no luck via the Pixel or Sequence editor. I am looking for a few sequences that I can both learn from and ensure that the tree is functioning as desired. I appreciate any and all help, only 147 days until Christmas and I'm getting nervous. :)

Mastersonp24@gmail.com 

Paul, I have two of those, as well...and they worked straight out of the box. Not sure what to suggest. What do they actually do when they are trying to work? Anything? Do you have them set up in your system as the multiple User Ids they occupy - and remember they may be set to Unit ID 01 (I think) when you get them - so you may have to reassign that. Since they are really occupying 8 Unit IDs starting with what ever one you assign to the first port, remember not to have anything else using those additional IDs. 

8 hours ago, Paul Masterson said:

Hi

I recently purchased (2) of the 16x25 LOR pixel tree kits and getting them set-up is really challenging me. I finally got to a point where I can get all the lights to come on through the hardware set-up, but no luck via the Pixel or Sequence editor. I am looking for a few sequences that I can both learn from and ensure that the tree is functioning as desired. I appreciate any and all help, only 147 days until Christmas and I'm getting nervous. :)

Mastersonp24@gmail.com 

Do you have the SS prop file that Brian has on his website. It is created for these trees. I found out the hard way while assisting other members. I knew it was to easy doing it my way and they were excited that it appeared to be working. I couldn't see what they were looking at until one day I asked and they were looking at 1/2 of a 50 pixel tree. It was pretty and two the music but the pictures were cut in half. (folded over) LOL

If you don't have it go to Brian's Superstarlights page and scroll towards the bootom

JR

Here are some snapshots of what I have. I am able to get all the lights to function in the Hardware utility if I select all ports. When I go into the Pixel editor, I set my prop to the pixel tree and then add effects. I can not get the effects to play on the tree and the lights on the controller blink letting me know nothing is communicating to it.

Am I using the Pixel editor incorrectly or is that an obvious mis-configuration that I am missing?

LOR_Network.JPG

Pixel_definition.JPG

pixel_test.JPG

If you PM me your number I will call you and get you some lights blinking. I don't think you have the pixie controller setup correctly. 100% sure you have not set it up correctly.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

9 hours ago, dibblejr said:

If you PM me your number I will call you and get you some lights blinking.

LOL.... Is it bad that I pictured you in a mob boss voice saying that? Sorry I know that doesn't help but I couldn't help but laughing.  I have an odd sense of humor lol

Edited by GriswoldStyle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GriswoldStyle said:

2f2yvl.jpg ?????????????? see what I mean? @dibblejr

Now that’s hilarious and will fit right in with some claims about me!!!! LOL

I actually sent the gentleman a PM with a step by step in hopes it will help him.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Is the LOR control panel running (and therefore the Comm Listener)?

Jim - I’m almost 100% sure it’s gonna be his network config. He’s gonna call me tonight if the step by step doesn’t work.

It seems to happen a lot to the people who  try to setup the pixies within PE and not testing everything with SE first. Probably 1/2 of the people I helped last year had the same problem.

I don’t use PE and never had a problem setting up any of my pixies. I think everyone thinks you have to use PE to sequence pixels.

JR