Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR on a Parade Float

Terpsmurf

I am considering using lights and LOR in a float for a parade. I will only be using one controller, possibly just 8 channels, something simple.

Can anyone suggest a decent power convert or quiet generator that is fairly cheap and can do the job.

If I may suggest, you might want to consider going 12 volt with the CMB-16D-QC Deluxe DC Card. You could hide a 12 volt battery on the float pretty easy or run a 12 volt line from your vehicle. If your vehicle is wired for pulling a trailer it would be simple to power it from the plug-in. I am working on a similar project with my wife's sleigh that see pulls behind her horse, I will be using the CMB-16D with a easy light linker powered with a 4-D battery that will sit under the seat. I am presently looking for a used harness for the horse as my wife really don't me messing with her show harness lol. Should look cool when it's done (well it looks good on paper anyway :)

• 1 year later...

Last year I wanted to play music loud enough to be heard so used a yamaha inverter to plug in the light show and play the music - Yamaha EF2000iSv2, 1600 Running Watts/2000 Starting Watts - real quiet and powered everything just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

If it’s a parade float. You have to pull it somehow and that something has a 12 volt system. You can simply run an inverted off the electrical supply to power 120 volts. I suggest a pure sine wave inverter since I don’t know how well LOR will run off modified. 

Or as previous mentioned 12 volt pixels are quite doable.   

Edited by ~DOC~
Correction

• The topic was locked