Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB lights not working

Mitch G

I am brand new to this and am trying to set up my visualizer. I am going to be buying RGB lights for my house but when I set my channels to RGB DMX in SE they will not work in the visualizer. If I set them to LOR RGB they work.

Thanks

When you say RGB in DMX are you talking dumb RGB such as a 27ch controller or smart Pixels such as a Pixcon or some other E1.31 controller?

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

When you say RGB in DMX are you talking dumb RGB such as a 27ch controller or smart Pixels such as a Pixcon or some other E1.31 controller?

Smart using E1.31 controller.

Are you talking about the eaves as they are the only RGB I see. If so then you have them setup as dumb RGB circuits. What controller are you using?

3 minutes ago, saxon said:

I saw the same as Mr.P.

It also appears you used "draw light string" instead of "draw pixel string" 

I realized that then did a Pixel string called "test" and ran into same problem.

Edited by Mitch G

Here is what you need to do:

At the bottom of your sequence on the last channel, right click and select "insert device below".

Select Pixcon in the drop down.

Give the device a name and click the box "include base unit ID in channel names".

Check "add as group".

Click the radio button for DMX

Starting universe 1

Universes per port 1

Pixels per universe 170

Click "OK"

I know this is for a Pixcon but you can use it for any 16 port controller. After you do all this then you need to setup your network config.

Edited by Mr. P

Thanks. Sorry for not understanding all of this but how do I edit my network config and do I need to delete all the sequences I had created and create new ones inside that device?

1 minute ago, Mitch G said:

Thanks. Sorry for not understanding all of this but how do I edit my network config and do I need to delete all the sequences I had created and create new ones inside that device?

Network config can be accessed from ttop tool bar, "Edit", "preferences", "network Preferences" this is where you will assign IP addresses to the universes.

The sequencing you did for the dumb RGB channels is pretty worthless as those were three channels each, with the alphapix you will be adding thousands.  :D

OK, so I will be using pixil 1.1 as my eave 1 bulb 1 correct? So I am guessing it is best to group the pixels into my different light strings "Eave 1".

When you open the group you will have 16 sub groups (port 1-16).  Port 1 will be Eaves 1, you can place 170 pixels or 510 channels on Eaves 1. Port 2 will be Eaves 2 and so on.

Remember with smart pixels each pixel has 3 leds so that is three channels per each little light. If you are running a 50 pixel string then that will be 150 channels.

Thank you. I didn't realize this was going to be so difficult.

Once you get your head wrapped around it you will catch on. Just remember that dumb RGB uses three channels per string and every light in the string does the same thing. Smart pixels use three channels per light or normally 150 channels per string and each light can do its own thing.

3 minutes ago, Mitch G said:

Will I need to Have network configurations done before visualizer will work?

No, as long as you match the vis channels to the SE channels. Network config just matches the IP address to the universes.