Light-O-Rama Forums

Upgrading my software level

Tony Shepherd

Hi, I have LOR on my laptop and desktop. However for some reason they are on different levels 3.9.0 on the desktop and 3.11.2 on the laptop.

I get a message if i try to run a sequence on the desktop that the sequence was created on a later version and not all features may be supported.

Do I have to repurchase the licence to get them on the same level and what features would i benefit from by upgrading?

I am on advanced level and don't need pixels as i only use LOR controllers and one set of RGB floods.

Thanks

Tony

Step 1 - Check exactly what your current licence level is. http://www1.lightorama.com/software-license-retrieval/

What ever license level you have is what you can install/register. You can do this forever. No need to renew if you want to keep your same license level.

As far as I am aware, there are no changes what would affect a 3.9.0 and 3.11.2 sequences from working together.

Don

thanks

I have checked as below:

Your license does not cover the latest version, 5.0.*. To use this version, you will have to purchase a license renewal.

However, you can continue to use version 4.0.* or lower without renewing your license.

If the two versions work together then i don't have an issue.  I just thought there would be an easy way to upgrade the 3.9 to the 3.11.2 but i cant find it.

Cheers

Tony

You have no need to do any updates.

You can run *any* version up to 4.0.*

If you want to run the 3.11.2 version, then you only need to download it and install it on your 3.9 machine.  That same link I posted above will also take you to the download page.

Don that's great I will try it later.  England are just about to kick off in the football. 

Earl

Thanks that is what i was looking for.  I have now update both to the latest 3.12.4 version

Jancis and me are coming over on 26th December and would like to pop up again sometime around New Year.  Are you about? 

As of this time we will be here and our door is always open to the Shepherds. If any thing changes will let you know.

Thanks and are looking forward to your visit.

Earle

Excellent  I will email you when we get there and have sorted ourselves out.

PS my email address has changed from the old freeserve one

Cheers

Tony

• The topic was locked