Light-O-Rama Forums

Music doesn't match new screen

Wolffy

Need help. I have an existing show, I added a cosmic ribbon screen. The music doesn't match the screen. I need to bump the screen sequence to the left about 15 seconds. What is the easiest way.

Thanks Wolffy

On 10/3/2017 at 9:14 AM, Wolffy said:

Need help. I have an existing show, I added a cosmic ribbon screen. The music doesn't match the screen. I need to bump the screen sequence to the left about 15 seconds. What is the easiest way.

Thanks Wolffy

Use the paste by time feature, 15 seconds is a long time from a programming state. Is this a purchased sequence being added to an existing sequence?

SPaschall

Hey Scooter! I wasn't sure if I could add the screen by "sequence" because I have the RGB tree too. How will the sequence know which universe to use? I am really lost with this screen. Only one of the 12 songs remotely look like they are suppose to. I have cut & paste by time both using .05, (or is that not the timing)? I also can't figure the ccr ribbon screen is 12 strings, so I thought to set, I put it on universe 7, 50 pixels per unit. I am about to pay to fly you up here! Or kill Carl for buying things I don't know how to program.

I will try to remember how to add by sequence and see if it works. Please let me know if I should try something else.

ps It looks like the RGB tree & some of the screen are using the same universe, but when I check the settings they are different

Thanks Wolffy

9 minutes ago, Wolffy said:

Hey Scooter! I wasn't sure if I could add the screen by "sequence" because I have the RGB tree too. How will the sequence know which universe to use? I am really lost with this screen. Only one of the 12 songs remotely look like they are suppose to. I have cut & paste by time both using .05, (or is that not the timing)? I also can't figure the ccr ribbon screen is 12 strings, so I thought to set, I put it on universe 7, 50 pixels per unit. I am about to pay to fly you up here! Or kill Carl for buying things I don't know how to program.

I will try to remember how to add by sequence and see if it works. Please let me know if I should try something else.

ps It looks like the RGB tree & some of the screen are using the same universe, but when I check the settings they are different

Thanks Wolffy

What I have found is, if it looks like (on the prop itself) that the items are sharing the same universe or channels you have either a "copy/ paste" problem or your strings on the prop are backwards.

Also ensure you have the "exact" song that the sequence was produced for as well as running the mp3/ wav itself through audacity. Save at 128kbps, constant bit rate and speed fast. At least with the singing faces those last steps are 99% of the problem. The other 1% is not copy pasting into the "end users" correct channels.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I will say JR, I did figure out one song the screen is upside down. I got very excited thinking I have it figured out. But after re coping & pasting one string at a time I realized that was not it. I think it has something to do with the lack of knowledge of CCR ribbon vs RGB tree we have. Now I have everything so jacked that my IP addresses are wrong & can't find the mega tree e131. So off to the barn to fix that then back to trying to program. I will save the screen sequences again & pay attention to the settings you suggested.

Thanks Shelly,  Wolffy

No difference in CCR ribbon or pixel tree as far as sequencing, I copy paste into mine all the time. As a matter of fact every time. If your actual matrix screen is upside down reverse the order of your strings. Start the easy way in your controller config. If that doesn't work do it at the screen itself. Also if you have SS you can configure it so it exports to SE the way you need it.

Let me add that if your sequence has people in it the people should hang upsude down while looking at them in SE. Words as well

My matrix is backwards controller to matrix channels are opposite.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

OK I got everything fixed except a few of the sequences are not on time with music. I did load them by "sequence" rather than copy & paste. The ones that are not matching, is there anyway to adjust them? They are behind by about 7 to 10 seconds.

Any help would be great

Thanks Wolffy

Try copy paste by time and see if that fixes it. Have you checked the music properties? Right click on the mp3. Ensure it is not 256, it should be 128kbps.

Please, post what you did to resolve your situation when finished so others that search may gain some help from the info. More often than not users do not post their fixes.

Thank you

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 10/16/2017 at 3:48 PM, Wolffy said:

OK I got everything fixed except a few of the sequences are not on time with music. I did load them by "sequence" rather than copy & paste. The ones that are not matching, is there anyway to adjust them? They are behind by about 7 to 10 seconds.

Any help would be great

Thanks Wolffy

If the problem is still there you can always skew the time, that is still a large time to try and skew but should be possible if the software will allow such a large time differential.

Hope it works Shelley

SPaschall