Light-O-Rama Forums

Single Click FILL Function Question

jamills706

OK - so this sin't new to me, I mean sequencing.....but one thing that is driving me crazy is that in the Sequence Editor on occasion I want to "turn on" (fill with color) a specific timing block that is only one single timing block (not sure that is the right term...but I mean one little square in the timing grid).....wehn I click in that single block with a "Color Fade" that is the same at start and finish the Sequence Editor "helps" me by filling in everything to the left and right of that block! This is not what I want! I just want that one single block to become colored.

Perhaps I'm being dense on this topic...but I can't find any way to tell it that I really do intend to only light up that one square.

Is this correct behavior? Do I have something set somewhere that causes this behavior? Can I make it do what I want?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help on this!

Do you by any chance have Intelligent fade selected in the tools menu.

Edited by PhilMassey

Intelligent fade, fill and a couple of others will do this. If any of those are on then you can't just click in the box, if you click and move the mouse slightly like move it from the bottom to the top of the box it will prevent it from happening.

16 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Intelligent fade, fill and a couple of others will do this. If any of those are on then you can't just click in the box, if you click and move the mouse slightly like move it from the bottom to the top of the box it will prevent it from happening.

To add to Mr.P I find if you hold an extended mouse click it will also prevent it, another option is moving over 1 timing mark and coming back to your original spot.

No - Intelligent Fade was not selected. I thought I had looked at that earlier, but checked again to be sure.

I guess I'll just have to of the "move over and back trick" to do it!

Thanks!

3 hours ago, jamills706 said:

OK - so this sin't new to me, I mean sequencing.....but one thing that is driving me crazy is that in the Sequence Editor on occasion I want to "turn on" (fill with color) a specific timing block that is only one single timing block (not sure that is the right term...but I mean one little square in the timing grid).....wehn I click in that single block with a "Color Fade" that is the same at start and finish the Sequence Editor "helps" me by filling in everything to the left and right of that block! This is not what I want! I just want that one single block to become colored.

Yeah it's pain in the tush especially when you have a large sequence and it takes the 'undo' button forever to fix it.

25 minutes ago, jamills706 said:

No - Intelligent Fade was not selected. I thought I had looked at that earlier, but checked again to be sure.

I guess I'll just have to of the "move over and back trick" to do it!

Thanks!

You get used to it but it's still not ideal.

Edited by B.Y.R.G.