Light-O-Rama Forums

Yet, Another Feature Request

Denny

I would like to have the ability to make individual "visualizers" for each track. For example, if I make separate tracks for mini trees and another for a mega tree, it would be helpful just to have a visualizer for those items. I could make these visualizers a bit more detailed and I would be able to concentrate on only those items rather than be distracted by everything on the "master visualizer" (track 1).

(I sent a copy of this to LOR via e-mail).

Denny wrote:

I would like to have the ability to make individual "visualizers" for each track. For example, if I make separate tracks for mini trees and another for a mega tree, it would be helpful just to have a visualizer for those items. I could make these visualizers a bit more detailed and I would be able to concentrate on only those items rather than be distracted by everything on the "master visualizer" (track 1).

(I sent a copy of this to LOR via e-mail).

I like your idea, however my thought was a way of turning tracks on and off so you just see the track(s) you are working with only in the visualizer screen.

Great ideas folks.

I like my idea of being able to group any type of mix-and-matched groups using tags on the channels. There could be internally (automatically) defined groups (tags) for 'all channels', 'track only', 'controller only', etc. But you could define you own as you see fit and each channel (regarless of tracks) could be assigned to any number of tag groups that your make up yourself.

And then you could enable the visualizer to work on a certain active tag (group) at a time. You could also associate a second visualizer to work with another default tag (group).

So whether you have 1, 2 or 3 visualizer (animation) screens is up to you. Most folks would tend to have 1 till they get large enough or sophisticated enough to require more than one animation/visualizer screens.

But then for each visualizer screen, you could have a default group (tag) ... and that could be equal to a track (all channels in a track) or other combination of channels that you happen to tag the same.

Remember, that multiple tags can be applied to each channel.

So I could have a group of mini trees tagged, but I could also take all the clear mini trees and make them part of a clear lights group. I could also make some of them part of a far-left (side of the yard) group.

So you could within a single visualizer screen defined that you just want to see the mini trees tag group ... then it would show just them. You could then toggle back to the everything group and see it all (or everything depicted in that particular visualizer/animation screen). You could then toggle to your C9 tag group and see what those are doing.

I love the idea of multiple visualizer windows ... but making it limited to a track seems very limited. Tracks are already being bastardized as grouping mechinisms instead of timing groups ... which works, but probably wasn't intended as much.

I thing allowing a better grouping mechanism via. tags is WAY more flexible and allows you to keep tracks more for their real purpose. And you could use these group in relation to visualizer to display any parts of the visualize that you want to see. Incredibly powerful!!

• 1 month later...

Yes, I just realized that now with over 200 channels and 3 houses to cover It would be real nice to have several animation windows. in my case, one for each house.
For now, I will take pictures of all 3 houses, merge them in photoshop, and then put them in the backround of the animation window. this will result in a tiny view of each house, but will do for now.

Tim