Light-O-Rama Forums

Why I do this ....

Guest guest

It's been a rough day. Tonight I got an email reminding me why I do the lights, and why politics really do not matter.

-------------

I cant tell you how much joy your light display brings
me. I am disabled and have to cope with all the things
that brings, and recently my husband was told he has 6
mos to a year to live due to a terminal illness so of
course thats bringing me down. Just when I feel like
giving up I see a mail from you with a new
song/display linked in it and it just fills my heart
with joy. Thank you so much for bringing a little bit
of beauty to my life.

---------------

When you get email messages like this ... you are reminded how easy it is to simply overlook things that may annoy you.

That's great Don. I love reading things like that. Not that someone is terminally ill, but the simple things that bring joy to people's lives. Even if it isn't something that is directly related to something I've done, just seeing the joy it brings to others makes me feel good. I can only imagine what it does when it is acutally 'yours'.

Even though we don't know each other, I think you are a great guy, and have brought joy to my life as well. Keep it up!:tree:

Don wrote:

It's been a rough day. Tonight I got an email reminding me why I do the lights, and why politics really do not matter.

When you get email messages like this ... you are reminded how easy it is to simply overlook things that may annoy you.

Very well put Don!

I think we have all, at times, focused on the trees so intently/critically that we have missed the beautiful forest, that they were part of all along...

Greg