Light-O-Rama Forums

Vis Probs Anyone

dibblejr

Since about Feb or so my vis will not start up with its integral green start button.

It opens fine but when I hit play nothing. I then go to SE and hit play and quickly open the vis from the tray.

It happened with 4.3.18 and now 4.3.24

Thoughts

I normally don't even use it but lately I am working on some faces that I haven't drawn in animation. Using the vis is already a pain but not being able to start it from the vis makes it more difficult and I have to start about 5 to 10 seconds before the part I am looking at. Painstaking for singing faces.

I just updated to .24 last Saturday but since its been happening with previous versions its gotta be something wrong.

JR

Disregard. I found it. Somewhere along the way "advanced rendering" got re enabled.

Disabled and all is well.

So if anyone else is having the problem. Open vis and then select "option", "general" it even instructs you that if you are experiencing problems to disable it.

JR

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Since about Feb or so my vis will not start up with its integral green start button.

It opens fine but when I hit play nothing. I then go to SE and hit play and quickly open the vis from the tray.

JR,  I just tried Vis in4.3.24 and it worked fine.  I don't however understand what you mean by "integral green start button".

3 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

JR,  I just tried Vis in4.3.24 and it worked fine.  I don't however understand what you mean by "integral green start button".

My bad on the "integral start button" been working on and off on this and the animator all day. I meant the "play button" on bottom of the screen.

Since I have your attention though have you ever had a problem with setting channel buttons colors with RGB channels. I tried for 2 hours and nothing was working. The "change color button" was grey. Took a lunch break came back and I was able to change the first four channel button colors however the last 28 still grey.

Tried on a working copy sequence and a clean slate. Same results

4 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

My bad on the "integral start button" been working on and off on this and the animator all day. I meant the "play button" on bottom of the screen.

Never used animator, so that reference did not make any sense.

5 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Since I have your attention though have you ever had a problem with setting channel buttons colors with RGB channels. I tried for 2 hours and nothing was working. The "change color button" was grey. Took a lunch break came back and I was able to change the first four channel button colors however the last 28 still grey.

Not following.  Are you talking in Vis. or SE?

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

Never used animator, so that reference did not make any sense.

Not following.  Are you talking in Vis. or SE?

SE setting the channel colors since I am partially color blind. 

When you set the channel button colors in SE and draw an animation in the animation window the colors match the channels.I use it more when sequencing the faces as a quick way of knowing what lip or mouth movements I need. But with everything black and white I find myself having to look at the channel buttons themselves.

Just now, dibblejr said:

SE setting the channel colors since I am partially color blind. 

Do you mean when you expand the RGB into the three individual colors?  If it's an RGB channel, why would you want to change the individual element colors?  Or am I confused?

Just now, k6ccc said:

Do you mean when you expand the RGB into the three individual colors?  If it's an RGB channel, why would you want to change the individual element colors?  Or am I confused?

Gonna hit you on pm