Light-O-Rama Forums

RBG Guidance

Septon

59 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Ditto.

maybe for very 12V sort runs  (forget it for 5Vruns over 3')

40', I would do 16Ga minimum for a 5M strip (~4A). bump it anothe ga (14) for longer or 2 strips.

Dim lights will be the issue with small wire.

I have no dimming issues using cat 5 at 40 feet. Might be good for longer lengths. It's worth a try.

1 minute ago, Santas Helper said:

I have no dimming issues using cat 5 at 40 feet. Might be good for longer lengths. It's worth a try.

I have tons of Cat 5.  so I certainly will...

22 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Those are PMW or DMX control. Those won't work with DC CMB controllers.

Those are PMW or DMX control. Those won't work with DC CMB controllers.

I was just referencing the picture for the four wire cable.

3 minutes ago, Septon said:

Not for DC CMB controllers. You want two wire or three wire (with ground).

Just now, Mr. P said:

No I realize that... thanks P, thanks SHelper.

I think I will just get the 2 CBM cards for the Strips.  But to check one more time.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-Strip-5050-30LED-m-5m-150LEDs-12V-flexible-light-Warm-White-White-Red-Blue-Green/32327518420.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.271.UuUF7f

Will be fine for waht I want for that though right?

And again, sorry to hog your day and expertise guys.  THis is my first time, and frankly my wife is going to kill me for spending $800 so I am trying to maximize... ($800 USD is about $356,000 Canadian. :)

Just now, Santas Helper said:

Not for DC CMB controllers. You want two wire or three wire (with ground).

What?  I think there is some confusion here.  You DO want four wires for a dumb RGB light...

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

If using DC CMB controllers, 4 wires won't be any good. It will still have to be hacked.

If using DC CMB controllers, 4 wires won't be any good. It will still have to be hacked.

No, no, you need the four wires, R, G, B, and Pos.

2 minutes ago, Septon said:

No I realize that... thanks P, thanks SHelper.

I think I will just get the 2 CBM cards for the Strips.  But to check one more time.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-Strip-5050-30LED-m-5m-150LEDs-12V-flexible-light-Warm-White-White-Red-Blue-Green/32327518420.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.271.UuUF7f

Will be fine for waht I want for that though right?

And again, sorry to hog your day and expertise guys.  THis is my first time, and frankly my wife is going to kill me for spending $800 so I am trying to maximize... ($800 USD is about $356,000 Canadian. :)

Here we go again. Mixing the words warm white with RGB. You can't hAve both. This scares me too. 

I would suggest an eBay seller located in the states with 90+ rating. Buy just a couple to try out.

No, no, you need the four wires, R, G, B, and Pos.

But is states for PMW or DMX. 

Here we go again. Mixing the words warm white with RGB. You can't hAve both. This scares me too. 

I would suggest an eBay seller located in the states with 90+ rating. Buy just a couple to try out.

Fair, but you can choose!  It is ALL OPTIONS in that one.  I get to choose the type, IE Changeable and IP65

2 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

+0.5  Or because you appear not to be very technical, stick with the LOR floods - that's what mine are.

But is states for PMW or DMX. 

Correct, for that light but for DC CMB controllers you still need four wires, R,G and B are negative wires with a common positive.

Correct, for that light but for DC CMB controllers you still need four wires, R,G and B are negative wires with a common positive.

Yes, which is coming off the actual LEDs and housing. Is there circuitry inside for DMX or IR controller, that is the question.

Edited by Santas Helper

Yes, which is coming off the actual LEDs and housing. Is there circuitry inside for DMX, that is the question.

Tom, you are stuck on the light :D  I was referencing the light for the four wire cable. Besides he is back to the strips now.  :wacko:

Ok... but That above should be ok right?  I will get the floods from LOR if I am going to.  I am now torn about sticking with the 16 Plug CTB

Tom, you are stuck on the light :D  I was referencing the light for the four wire cable. Besides he is back to the strips now.  :wacko:

Your probably right Mr P. Lol

Not to mention I'm on my smart phone. New at it here lol

Edited by Santas Helper