Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II Crashing in windows xp

gsxr7500

I have a 6 month old dell that had LOR I and ran no problem. Now i download LORII and I cant even make it through a song without it asking me if i want to send an error message to microsoft. I did the same with my laptop and no problems. On my dell i deleted LOR and reloaded lorI and the did the LORII upgrade and the same problem persists. WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO

Just another note:

1] What version of Xp home etc and have you recently updated anything on the system?

2] Are you running an Antivirus prog in the background, if so what make?

Sorry to keep asking you, but as mentioned the more info you can supply the more, hopefully we can help.

Thanks,

Pete.

How many songs have you tried this for?

Does it happen for all songs that you've tried, or some? Or does it sometimes work and sometimes not for a particular song?

What kind of song files (MP3, WAV, et cetera)?

Does it happen at the same point in the song each time?

Does it happen if you play an animation sequence instead of a musical sequence?

Thanks.

gsxr7500 wrote:

i did a bunch of updates and it seems to be ok now we will see how it goes!!!!!

Please help us here,

Did you roll back the CPU? what have you done different? Why is it suddenly working correctly? What have you done differently? Did you make a genuine mistake?

All information here is of serious help for the next release of the software.

Many thanks,

Pete. :cool:

• 1 month later...

I am also having the same problem on new computer. Seems to have no pattern such as on any certain song, any certain point in a song or the program, just when it decides to do it. I am running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002, service pack 2, Windows media player version 10.00.00.4058. Please Help. Any ideas?

I don't know what updates gsxr7500 did to fix this problem for him, but perhaps try making sure you're up to date with Windows Update, and also updating to the latest version of Windows Media Player?

I had a similar problem on my computer and updating Windows Media Player to the latest version (11), the problem was resolved.