Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR sequence

Guest guest

Does anyone have the sequence that causes these new LOR to fail, if you do, can you send it to me. I have been putting my new controllers through the ringer and they operate just as I thought they should. Have had no problems at all (other than the bad Cat5e cable, which was not Dan's fault, but Compusa.

I would just like to see the failure mode. TIA

Mine failed whenever all the outputs were turned on. Depending on with outputs I selected I could get up to 14 on before a failure.

I believe Dan had a post under hobbyist controller in stock saying he was planning on having everyone with the new boards return them even if they worked.

Charlie

Thanks Jeff

Yep mine are the same way, when I used the Hardware utility just get a blink.

For all my sequences they all worked fine, Jeff even your sequence worked fine.

Edit: Found my previous problem, My Bad:(

Bill,

You inspired me to break out the 3 remaining boards I had not tested. I thought there was a chance some were OK when you said yours were working. I was still successful in getting the sequence to work. I just used 5 channels from each of the 3 boards. I changed the settings in the sequence to match and voila!.

I see your room has wires and lights everywhere too.

jeff

jeffmill wrote:

I see your room has wires and lights everywhere too.

jeff

The wife ain't to happy about it, doesn't she understand that I only have 8 months, 18 days, 5 hours and 18 minutes til the display has to be up.

gremler wrote:

The wife ain't to happy about it, doesn't she understand that I only have 8 months, 18 days, 5 hours and 18 minutes til the display has to be up.

Bill,

I can easily see your reasons for wanting to hurry. The season is sneaking up on us as we speak. As long as you're safe, and the lights are flashing nicely...I think she should be happy. I, on the other hand was blessed in this area of concern. When it comes to the mess and expense... I just remind her that she was the one that TIVO'ed the Carson Williams/Today Show episode and asked how I was going to go about making our lights do the same thing. I told her right up front what it would take, and cost. She has been uncharachteristically silent about it so far. I have exhausted the Tax return, and didn't hear a word. To everyone who reads this, I promise not to take advantage. There that promise might keep me in line!?! I better go clean up the garage....

jeff