Light-O-Rama Forums

Program on 1 pc, Run show at Christmas on another?

brichi

Hey guys, So I am programming on my main pc I use all the time but come Christmas time I was to run the actual show all month off a small netbook I have. I have a lot of files attached to 1 sequence it seems from doing stuff in SE and SS and adding them to PE, it seems if I move any of those files then that part of the sequence does not play right.

So my question is, How exactly can I program on 1 pc and then play the actual scheduled show layout of 5-6 songs on another? Does creating a play file in S5 or saving intensity data in S4 actually package all needed files other then the audio track into 1 file that I would need to move to the Netbook? Or can I save to a SD card similar to how you would for the LOR unit that plays of SD and then use that on the Netbook?

thanks for any info, want to get it all now and set and practice instead of waiting last minute in November

In S4 - The only thing the show computer needs is the .lms and if it has intensity file(s), the .lms.ss.lid (SuperStar) or .lms.pe.lid (Pixel Editor) need to be there.  Note that if not present, the show player will create the .lms.lcs file on the first playing unless you don't have the setting to use compressed sequences, so you CAN copy over the .lms.lsv, but it's not required (but I recommend it).  Obviously the show computer also needs the audio or video media files.

I have not played that far into S5 to be able to answer that part, but I do know that some of the filenames have changed.

You can use whatever media to copy the files over to the show computer (network connection, USB drive, Cloud based file storage (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), SD card, or most any other type of media), but I would recommend saving the files onto the local hard drive of the show computer.

the issue i was having was the file paths had to be exact which sucked meaning on one pc the username was Brian and the other pc was brian2 lets say so the path was broken

14 minutes ago, brichi said:

the issue i was having was the file paths had to be exact which sucked meaning on one pc the username was Brian and the other pc was brian2 lets say so the path was broken

Correct.  The solution is to never use the username as part of the path.  For example, c:\LOR   In my case, I have a mapped network drive of L:\  Where that actually is located varies depending on the computer, but as far as LOR is concerned, it's always L:\  For example on this stand-alone computer, it's really C:\LightORama, and for all three computers at home it's really D:\Shared\LOR on my server, but in all cases, it appears to be L:\ as far as LOR is concerned.

thats a good idea keeping the LOR folder at the route vs brian/docs/lor,,

at this point i guess its too late to do that for previous sequences

Actually I just moved the working folder and corrected missing files associated with the sequence, wasnt bad at all. I have it syncing now with google drive so i can program at work too

• The topic was locked