Light-O-Rama Forums

LORII Hardware Autoconfigure not finding comm port

Speakefamily

I have LORII V2.0.14 and the Hardware software is not finding the controller boxes using the Autoconfigure. This is a new computer using the new LOR software. I get error messages saying it can't find the comm port. The boxes and cables are brand new. Can anybody help?

Harold Speake

Have you tried to manually select the comm port? Make sure that you don't have the sequence editor running at the same time as the hardware utility because they will both try to use the serial port and conflict. Are you using an actual serial port or is it a USB to serial converter? Can the sequence editor control the lights?

tom.

Tom,

I am using the USB to Serial adapter. The lights do not work in the Sequence Editor. The Hardware Utility is not recognizing the controller boxes. The computer uses Vista and we have version 2.0.14, but just saw someone else saying they are using version 2.02.04. Is that the one I should have? What is the latest version of Hardware Utility.

Harold

It sounds like your computer is not recognizing the USB to serial adapter. I don't use an adapter like that so I probably won't be able to help very much. You can look in your device manager to see if any devices show a problem. You can open the hardware manager by right clicking 'My Computer' and choosing 'Properties...'. The device manager is on the 'Hardware' tab.

Someone that has the USB to serial adapter will probably be able to give you more things to check.

tom.