Light-O-Rama Forums

It is way too cool, Smile is upon my face :)

Guest guest

After waiting for months for the LOR order button to become active, hiding from "she who must be obeyed" the true nature as to what it was I actually doing and ordering 48 channels of LOR in the darkness of night. And then they finally Arrive, Then got notice of a recall, I did not know what to expect, but Dan said I could go ahead and play. I got off work at midnight tonight, (and it is now my weekend) and have a OK Mini-Minus to get ready for. I was determined to get these things up and running. I Set up my controllers in my game room and put Mini-lights strands every where.

It worked without a hitch the first time, no problems at all and it is truely beautiful, work's just as I thought it would, it's 4:21 AM, the kids have school in the morning and the wife (She who must be obeyed) has to work. I really want to wake them up and say see, Ain't it cool. Guess I should wait til the morning, O wait, it is the morning.

It is just so cool to see the lights actually doing what I told the program to do. It is one thing to see the animation on the computer, totality different to see the lights actually doing what I have told them to do and when I told them to do it.

After seeing this, I know that my next project will be to build a Mini of my display (of course I will post pics of it when I am done), so that I can get a more accurate idea of what my display will actually be doing.

I would first like to thank Dan "the Man" for making this possible and also everyone here at Planet Christmas who without your post, insight and willingness to share your idea's and knowledge would have made this an almost impossible task. (that almost sound's like I am accepting an Emmy). But really thank guys, could not have done it without you.

Now it's time to play

Gremler,

I am truly jealous! I've had vision of mini-lights dancing in my head for months and can't wait to finally get a chance to realize it! Post some pics (or video!), when you can.

~K

Bill

Glad to hear you are up and running, now take a nap.

When I read about you meeting I was headed for your area Sat. Good thing I reread it and realize was today. I know you will have fun today and do post some pictures.

glenn

OK, I am jealous. Congratulations and enjoy your new toy. Maybe next year I can have LOR. I'm not ready for it yet. I want it bad, but i need to walk before I can run!

Michael

Hahaha... me too!

Kaeleb wrote:

Gremler,

I am truly jealous! I've had vision of mini-lights dancing in my head for months and can't wait to finally get a chance to realize it!

At 04:30 I'd definitely be in trouble (probably even 09:00 unless it was a work day).

I have had my 16 channels for a week or so now, but I want the rest! :D Come on April....!

Charlie

Nice pics, now I'm really getting anxious to receive my 1 of 3 I ordered. Waiting for the other 2 when sale happens. How many are in that pic. 2? looks like lamp cord, correct, I'm a newbie to the animated stuff this year but not to light decorations.

P.S. I know I'm gonna need a psychiatrist this year. If not for me, my family.:?

Yes, it is 2 of my 3 controllers, I cut a foot off the male ends (ouch):D of 6 ft extension cords used for the output channel leaving 5 ft cords with 3 female sockets. The 1 ft male ends will be used for the mini-display, which I am building that will represent each channel of my display (pics and how-to will be posted when I am done).

Hey Bill,

Sorry for the delay. I had a very busy weekend (not LOR either).

I am so glad to hear your test went off without a hitch :waycool:. I know the feeling too. When I had mine strung out all over the garage awhile back, plugged everything up and bugged some PCers here on a couple things, it worked and the feeling was just undescribable at first. I couldn't speak I was so excited. And yes, alot of thanks goes to members here who assisted me in minor adjustments.

Nice job Bill and congrats :].

Tom