Light-O-Rama Forums

coroboard

Jeffery m

Plan on making my tune to sign out of coro what is everybody using to punch out the holes thanks  Jeffery

Depends on what thickness. I used a punch about 1' long for the thin 4mm stuff. I will be using a drill bit in "reverse" for my 6 mm stuff. There is a big difference between the two thickness's. I have seen some people refer to the 6 and 10mm coro as "commercial grade".Nothing commercial about it. its just thicker making it heavier duty. Lucky for me 6 miles away is a mfg.

Don't waste $ on Lowes/ HD stuff. 

If you befriend a local gas station they get free coro for signage all the time. Pepsi, coke etc. Once the special is over it just gets trashed. You can paint over the coloring , Best of all "free"

JR

19 minutes ago, Jeffery m said:

great idea I was going to get it from lowes but free sounds better

My in laws own a gas station, ive been using the free stuff for a long time. Keep in mind, ask them if they have any old, non opened signage as well. If they do they have some super heavy duty zip ties and other goodies in the box. A lot of clerks are to lazy to actually put all of the advertisements up.

They will be perfect for your signs as well as other props, stars, spiders whatever.

The 2/3mm thick stuff you can get off the big box stores shelves just to thin. And even though they advertise having the thicker stuff you will not be able to get it shipped to the store so shipping will kill the deal.

I paid $14 8X4' sheet 6mm locally at mfg. 

JR

• The topic was locked