Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and Color Kinetics

johnsonfool

I use LOR in my display and I am a lighting agent by profession and one of my lines is color kinetics. I have a huge project for Dollywood that I am working on personally and professionally. They are wanting to use LOR throughout their park because of cost but want to use color kinetics for their main attractions because of everything color kinetics can do. Is there a way LOR can be connected to another system only for that system to tell it to start. In other words a way the color kinetics on their main tree could activate LOR to start up for their smaller trees. It would not control LOR just somehow tell it when to start. Any help with this would be appreciated.

yes

the MP3 Director supports a contact closure start. If im not mistaken it has several inputs.

I'm not sure if CK has anything that can output a CC. I know CK can be triggered by a CC -

another would be a smpte trigger - CK can be triggered by SMPTE and I believe there are several SMPTE Contact Closure devices

there are lots of options for a large installation

I will have to check with the factory about a contact closure output, but does only the mp3 director have a contact closure start?

I believe there are 6 interactice inputs on the MP3 - I am under the assumption this would allow you to run 6 different shows based on which contact was made/broken

The MP3 allows the shows to be loaded into a sd card - taking a computer out of the equation for the show.