Light-O-Rama Forums

Not all effects show in pixel editor left window

stevehoyt

Good Morning

I am busy sequencing in PE creating different effects. I am having a strange problem and am not sure why. After I create an effect sometimes it shows up in one of the panes on the upper left side of the PE editor and sometimes it does not. i.e. the pane appears black. However if I click on one of these black panes the effect is there and I am able to use it. Any ideas what I am doing wrong. I have tried saving the files and intensity data and it makes no change. When I reopen the file the effects are there just some of them are in black windows.

Thanks

update to earlier post......PE has now stopped showing any new effects I create in the left upper panes

have I set some parameter wrong?

Edited by stevehoyt

When displaying effect thumbnails, PE puts props into 1 of 3 categories:

1) props that are 1 pixel high

2) props that are 1 pixel wide

3) props that are more than 1 pixel high and 1 pixel wide

It will only show thumbnails for effects used on props in the same category. Hope that makes sense.

Matt Brown

Not sure that it does make sense to me. All my props have many pixels in them. in this case, I am only trying to program my matrix which is a 32 wide by 25 high matrix. 

Just checked and it added 2 couple new ones from yesterdays work. no idea why.

In  the first 2 lines some show up some don't. If you click on one of the black panes you will see the effect is there, I just can't see it. Maybe it is my display driver.

I was going to send you my file but it is too big. Let me know if it would help to send it and how to do it.

Thanks

You will see empty boxes because the thumbnail is created from the first frame of the effect -- but the effect starts off completely black.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

thanks for the explanation. That appears to be my issue. I assume you have given this a lot of thought and there is a reason why it works this way. It would be nice to maybe pick a frame where the some/ the most pixels were on to thumbnail.....I have about half of my frames black now. 

Maybe in a future release, but at least I know what is going on and just have to click around a bit more.

Thanks again