Light-O-Rama Forums

Lor Animation

redsea300

I have some channels that don't show up right on the actual animation. It is right in the tabs on the left but when running on the animation it stops and starts. It is doing this on my arches only. I deleted and reprogramed and it didn't help. i am using LOR II. thanks in advance. Don

How long are your events? There is a throttle on how many fast events get drawn on the animation screen and buttons. If you have events of 0.1 seconds or less, your issue may be throttling. Future releases may ease up on the throttling, and allow for better drawing in the animation window. This throttling does not impact any controller operation.

- Kevin

I am using 153 channels, there is a couple of spots that the animation is wrong and it is always on the arches. The timing is set at 1/10th of a second. This is my first year doing any type of animated lighting. What is throttling? Thanks don

Do your individual events for the arches span more than one timing grid cell, or are they single cells? Do you have any other elements that you are changing as fast as the arches?

Throttling was introduced in LOR 1 because they could not update the animation window as efficiently as they do in LOR 2. Throttling prevents the attempt to update everything in the animation and button list from causing assorted issues because the system could not keep up with all the rapid changes. LOR 2 handles the animation updates much more efficiently, but the throttling has not yet been made optional or otherwise removed.

- Kevin

It happens in different situations. I have two 10 foot arches with 8 channels each. Sometimes it happens in one arch and sometimes the other, and sometimes both. One example is ramp up (one cell) on for 3 cells then ramp down(one cell). it shows correctly on the buttons but noting for half the sequence on the animation, during this event there is 8 other channels fading 100 - 0. Second situation the arches are the only thing running and ramp up (one cell). on (one cell), ramp down ( one cell). Hope this helps. Everthing work properly when I had version 1, now that I upgraded this is the only problem i have encountered. I know with the controllers hooked it it will probably work due to the fact the buttons are lighting up properly. It"s just hard to program when looking at only the buttons. Thanks again Don

• 1 month later...

I have similar problems with the animation window in LOR2. When playing back the animation screen the lights are not blinking to the timing they slow up and skip showing a lot of blank screen almost like the music is to fast for the program. If anyone knows how to correct this please let me know. Thanks Mike

As I understand it, this is an issue that will be cleared up in a future release. It only affects on screen display, not actual light control.

- Kevin

yes I know that but it still makes for harder sequencing. Thank you at least I will stop trying to fix it and just deal with it untill the full version of LOR2 COMES OUT