Light-O-Rama Forums

Large Christmas Light Bulb

caniac

Someone here posted a pic and source for a large C9 looking bulb, was roughly 8-12 inches in height and you could pop the top off to retrofit with RPG lights.  Anyone have info on this?

1 hour ago, caniac said:

Someone here posted a pic and source for a large C9 looking bulb, was roughly 8-12 inches in height and you could pop the top off to retrofit with RPG lights.  Anyone have info on this?

RPG lights?  I'll bet those will be a blast!

Here's a link to a few pics of how I did my RBLs.  The round pixels came from Ray Wu.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4df290ar42r1dvn/AAABjxNNyC9Kzc8Nu2fZzJv6a?dl=0

Chet. Liz (okiegirl) and Mark brought one to the mini. Mark told me how he was converting them but don't remember now. Check with okiegirl.

Chet- I have a tutorial on how to convert from Jerry. I purchased 6 boxes (if I recall) and he is sending me one that he has already converted for me as an example. I will check my email and fwd the tutorial to you

JR

20 hours ago, caniac said:

Ooooops, for those that know me my day job is as a business computer programmer working with a language called RPG.  Not to be confused with RGB lights, can be dangerous to be doing work work and lightshow stuff at the same time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caniac said:

Ooooops, for those that know me my day job is as a business computer programmer working with a language called RPG.  Not to be confused with RGB lights, can be dangerous to be doing work work and lightshow stuff at the same time.

HLL, cool. I think we figured it out. I only knew of one other RPG being Army. LOL

JR

On 5/14/2017 at 0:28 PM, George Simmons said:

RPG lights?  I'll bet those will be a blast!

Here's a link to a few pics of how I did my RBLs.  The round pixels came from Ray Wu.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4df290ar42r1dvn/AAABjxNNyC9Kzc8Nu2fZzJv6a?dl=0

what prop did you use these on?

6 hours ago, caniac said:

what prop did you use these on?

They're a prop unto themselves.  I'll be hanging 19 of them (approx.4' apart) on the chain link fence around our north yard.

Edited by George Simmons

34 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

They're a prop unto themselves.  I'll be hanging 19 of them (approx.4' apart) on the chain link fence around our north yard.

we are looking at buying more and use them across our front porch.

On 5/20/2017 at 9:21 PM, caniac said:

we are looking at buying more and use them across our front porch.

I ordered mine through Jerry72. 

JR

I am going to do 16 of the white this year for converting to put in a front yard tree with my 120 dripping icicle lights. I can get them at $7.18 each from Home Depot, can anyone get better pricing?

41 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I am going to do 16 of the white this year for converting to put in a front yard tree with my 120 dripping icicle lights. I can get them at $7.18 each from Home Depot, can anyone get better pricing?

After S/H mine were like $33 per box. I got in on Jerrys group buy he had going on. Shipping through Greyhound is cheap but takes forever to arrive but worth the wait. 

JR