Light-O-Rama Forums

Strip light U channel

jerry72

Going to put up a 5 meter roll of IP68 strip lighting under the awning of my motor home. Plan to put it in aluminum U channel to help protect it. I am trying to figure out if i should use a clear or Diffused cover on the u channel. I like the look of the diffused, but dont want to have it over dimmed. Anyone every stick strip light in a something that had a diffused cover? I am not looking t light up the whole campground, just under my awning. Pictures of what it looks like diffused would be nice as well.

I am just starting out like you. If you are using LOR software. I seen that you are able to control how bright you want the lights.  I turned down the brightness of my mega tree. It was lighting up the whole back yard.  

I am just starting out like you. If you are using LOR software. I seen that you are able to control how bright you want the lights.  I turned down the brightness of my mega tree. It was lighting up the whole back yard.  

Hi Jerry, my roof lines are I channel with diffusion covers, the house and garage sides are just strip.

Regards,
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Looks like i can use the diffused covers then, should light up area under the awning nicely. 

4 hours ago, whitebuck said:

Hi Jerry, my roof lines are I channel with diffusion covers, the house and garage sides are just strip.

Regards,
Mike

Mike- I think we discussed this over the phone but do you leave your outline up year round? I will def need to pick your brain again once thing settle down on the matrix conversion. A lot of family stuff going on right now.

Thanks again

JR

I have left it up and I have still got it up from Christmas. But I have had some pixel failures when re-checking after the down period on some in the past. I think that was due to water proofing, but I am planning to re-check again soon to see whether they work or not.