Light-O-Rama Forums

Acceptable payment methods

Guest guest

I was hoping check, money order, or Discover. Otherwise I'm in deep do-do. Should have thought to ask this long ago before I lusted after these LOR controlers.........

Checks clear a lot faster with that bank-21 system than they did before. This being said, I thought more vendors would go this route but it hasn't happened. This is my preferred payment method but I wait to hear from Dan to see if he'll accept it.

Paypal? :shock::shock: No, I really don't like 3rd parties involved in my transactions. Going to scour the site again to see if I missed this info.

Mike Montgomery wrote:

I'm sure if you emailed Dan, he would be happy to arrange something

That is true, we will.

We do accept Discover, American Express, Diners Club, Visa, Master Card (Paypal in the future)...

A nice thing about Paypal is that only one, trusted entity need know anything about your creditcards or bank accounts.

Dan, one thing about paypal is that the fees typically are higher thou. I don't remember you charging fees for using credit cards are you going to charge any higher for using paypal? Or are you going to just eat the difference. It might not seem like a whole lot per card but over time it turns into a lot.

Actually, the costs of receiving money via Paypal is very much inline with the costs of processing credit cards via a merchant account. Credit card processing is typically 2.5% + 20-30 cents per transaction. Costs of a business premier Paypal account is 1.9 - 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction.

Hmm, I may just have to look into that then. I have been looking at different ways to accept payments for my bussiness and the paypal seemed up there. If there is a different rate for bussinesses then I need to relook.

LightORama wrote:

Mike Montgomery wrote:
I'm sure if you emailed Dan, he would be happy to arrange something

That is true, we will.

We do accept Discover

That's good. Discover is the one I have. I've heard this card gives the purchaser some kind of kickback. Every little bit helps.

Brings another useless question: Is there a standard shipping charge? Is it the same if two units are ordered as opposed to four or five? (noticed price break for 2's and 5's).

May I do one more q? How large of a sequence can I store in a 16 channel stand- alone? (LOR II) (Been reading help files in the DEMO software and see this can be done and sequence runs when power applied).

Well, one more. I also read LOR software can control DIO boards. I happen to have a 48 ch. ISA board (6 registers @ 8 bits each) collecting dust (and has for a while). Is there a list of compatible IO boards? Has anyone here done this? Sounds like something interesting to fiddle around with during the off season... like create an indoor light show for my library synced to old late 60's psychodelic rock. :cool: Would be great to use for a party or entertaining.

We do not have a standard shipping charge. It is based on weight and location.

The size of a sequence that can be stored in a CTB16D is a bit hard to describe. It can handle a pretty significant sequence. Reason for the uncertainty is because it the size depends on the number of channels the speed, the types of effects (fades vs on/off) what channels are turned on at the same time... and on and on.

If your ISA card emulates the 8255 chip then you will be OK. Get the free copy of instacal from Measurement Computing and see if it can communicate with the IO card. If so then you are in business.