Light-O-Rama Forums

Building a star

Tim

I would like to make some stars this year for my display instead of buying the ones from Home Depot or Lowes. Has anyone made their own from pvc pipes or some other material that a person could put together. I did see the video that RichardH made and I am very impressed, but I don't need one that big. Thanks for your help.

Tim,

I build my stars from 1/4" steel rod. Does require welding. I've made them from 20" to five feet across.

If you have access to a welder, I'll be glad to provide more info.

I also made mine from 1/4" steel rod and welded it. If you don't have a welder you could prebend anything and take it to a welding shop or maybe even an exhaust place would do it for you.

Attached files 152628=8863-nightstar.jpg

Thank you guys for the info. I will start asking around for someone who knows how to weld. JBullard, if I find someone I will then ask for more specs. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

i like richard holdmans snowflake material, especially if your using rope light. they are 1/2 flat metal welded. with these, you dont have to worry about the lights spinning around in storage and handleing. i havent done it yet, so i dont know from experience yet. just my thoughts