Light-O-Rama Forums

Cant get SE adn PE programmed sequence to play via "show"

brichi

So i thought i was doing this right but i guess not. I want to use effects from PE and also program in SE and then merge them and save to build a show to play the created sequence, so here is what i have done

1. created about 1 minute of effects, fades, and so on in SE, used the PE visualizer saves as SE props so i can open the SE sequence and watch it in PE visualizer, all is working great

2. now i want to generate spiral effects in PE so i added the effect and again, all is playing great in PE (Changed props to PE to see new effects)

now i hook the controller up to test and it all  looks good, I hit "save intensity date" and also used the migration tool to merges SE to PE

saved the sequence and added to a musical show

i hit a show on demand and it plays but ONLY the SE stuff is lighting up the CCR strips, none of teh PE stuff is working, its only working if i play it in PE but as a show, it wont play.

Am i doing something wrong? Can this not work together like i  want? I want to build my own stuff in SE but also love some of the effects i PE to add in, how can i do this? im using LOR pro, pixie4 and a few CCRII's for now to play

thanks guys!

I don't use PE, so can't help you in the SE to PE to SE part, but I have an idea or two. 

When you export to SE, are you doing so to a new otherwise blank sequence?

Is the network configuration set for Enhance LOR networking in Network Configuration?

What controllers are you using for the pe props if there are  lor they need to be set to enhansed mode if E1-31 they need to be setup in network  Preferances 

it seemed to have worked once last night when i reopened it in SE and saw the intensity data file connected to the sequence and then saved it again. I have to do more testing tomorrow to see how this can work together, its silly that we are using 3 different programs to get what we want, can't wait for an all in one program hopefully soon. it seems i have to do all my programming in SE and then leave blanks where i want to do PE stuff after I'm completely done with SE or else i can't edit anymore once the intensity file is attached

47 minutes ago, brichi said:

it seemed to have worked once last night when i reopened it in SE and saw the intensity data file connected to the sequence and then saved it again. I have to do more testing tomorrow to see how this can work together, its silly that we are using 3 different programs to get what we want, can't wait for an all in one program hopefully soon. it seems i have to do all my programming in SE and then leave blanks where i want to do PE stuff after I'm completely done with SE or else i can't edit anymore once the intensity file is attached

Are you trying to sequence the same channels in the pixel editor and the sequence editor? If so I do not believe that will work. 

1 minute ago, ebrown1972 said:

Are you trying to sequence the same channels in the pixel editor and the sequence editor? If so I do not believe that will work. 

yes, so for example i want to do times chases and VU meter stuff in SE on my window frames and then bring that into PE because i like doing spiral effects also

1 minute ago, brichi said:

yes, so for example i want to do times chases and VU meter stuff in SE on my window frames and then bring that into PE because i like doing spiral effects also

This will be very straight forward and easy in S5.

The only way to do it in S4 is to do ALL of your SE sequencing on the pixels first. Then use the PE migrate function (Sequence > Migration Tools > Import from Sequence Editor) to move the SE pixel sequencing into PE. Then you can add your PE effects. Documentation is here:

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/import_from_sequence_editor.htm

Matt

Thank you Matt,  i did that but when i saved the sequence the controller would not output the PE effects when played in a show, they only played when playing in PE. So whats the correct steps after i migrate SE to PE and add so spirals? I must have missed something. 

In the documentation I referenced it states "Using this function should be part of a 4 step process". Did you do step 4?

Matt

sorry, i haven't been at my desk to read over the full link you sent i was just going by what you typed, I will check it all out asap!! thank you so much!!

any ideas on when S5 may come to a beta or public beta we can start playing with?