Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Lights Designer 4.0

ShawnT

Email received from Holiday Soft Support :X

Hi Shawn,

Our release date for the LOR enabled version is not finalized at this point. It has slipped some due to bugs found in beta testing. It will probably be July before it's released. We are also trying to coincide our release with the official release of the LOR S2 and updated LOR S1 (HLD Enabled versions).

I was hoping this was going to be released sooner than this :)

• 1 month later...

I just received this message, as I am sure that others who signed up on the mailing list have also, from Michael at Holiday Soft.

"I wanted to give everyone a quick update on the status of Holiday Lights Designer v4.0. We will be demoing the software at the Florida Mini this Saturday. The plan is to release version 4 soon after that (unless they trash it at the mini).

Check out this demo video. I was goofing around today and decided to record it.
]http://holidaysoft.fileburst.com/CloseEncounters/CloseEncounters.htm]http://holidaysoft.fileburst.com/CloseEncounters/CloseEncounters.htm

Thanks!
Michael
Holidaysoft"

If you haven't already, check out this demo at http://holidaysoft.fileburst.com/COFTB1/COFTB1.htm

Michael has posted several movies at http://holidaysoft.com/DemoMovies.htm

Personally, I can't wait. I've used that software for other projects and now I can't wait to set my LOR sequences up in it. In my opinion, this will be one of the finest features of LOR II.

mcnamara9 wrote:

Personally, I can't wait. I've used that software for other projects and now I can't wait to set my LOR sequences up in it. In my opinion, this will be one of the finest features of LOR II.

Well, fly over to my house this Saturday and see it first hand. :dude: We are having the Florida Mini.

Michael Beason

I wish! If you think of it, I'd love to read a post from you about your thoughts and/or impressions after seeing it in action. Also, if you know when it will be released.

Brian

mcnamara9 wrote:

I wish! If you think of it, I'd love to read a post from you about your thoughts and/or impressions after seeing it in action. Also, if you know when it will be released.

Brian

My pleasure. I'll ask about the release date. This demo is the hottest topic from Pms and postings at the Florida Mini.

Michael Beason

Dr. Jones,

I will probably be able to tell you after the Mini on Saturday.

Michael Beason

I would love to see a report of what you think of the sotware and see if they tell you when it is to be released. thanks don

redsea300 wrote:

I would love to see a report of what you think of the sotware and see if they tell you when it is to be released. thanks don

You shall have a report. :(

Michael

Michael Collins from Holidaysoft demoed the new version 4 holiday decoratoring designing program that works with LOR2. The released date is scheduled for July 12th. The program is way cool. You can put your bulbs on a picture of you house and yard. You can even design your Mega Tree or take a picture of something you built and add it in. One feature I loved: You can overlay several lights on top of each other. You can play your LOR sequences while you see how your lights look on your house and in your yard.

Mike

Will they release a demo version prior to the july 12th date? I am really eager to play with it.

chris

If I remember correctly, Michael Collins said you could use the demo version for a month, to try it out. I'm not sure if you can get it now or when the demo version is available.

Stawski wrote:

Will it only work with LOR 2? Or will it work with the old version too?

I am not 100% positive but I'm pretty sure it will only work with LOR2.

Michael

I looked at it just yesterday and it seemed fine then. Maybe it was one of those tornadoes going through the middle of the country:D Where are they located?

Tim

Stawski wrote:

Will it only work with LOR 2? Or will it work with the old version too?

Hi All, This extract was taken from the e-mail Michael Collins sent

"Holiday Lights Designer 4.0 has the capability of acting as a 3D visualization tool for
Light-O-Rama S2 sequences. Those who want to take advantage of the Light-O-Rama interface will need to install version 2.0.15 or later of the Light-O-Rama S2 sequence editor. "

Pete.