Light-O-Rama Forums

Ga mini is Saturday April 26th

SnowLoverGeorgia

While we wait for William to drive back up to North Carolina tonight, and post his picutures, this is a pic from Friday evening at the motel.

40 Stands of LEDs, 8 Channel star, everything connected to the controlers, ready to raise the flag pole up to 20 ft. Room phone rings. "Mr. Bullard, this is the manager, can you come meet me in the lobby please"

OK, have to take it down, per fire marshall. Its blocking the emergency area outside of the rooms.

Hey, we had a great Friday night hospitalty room going anyway.

Edit: opps, link to pic here

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowLoverGeorgia

• JBullard

• Robin

• DanCampbell

And... it's a wrap!

Echoing William's sentiments, it was a great afternoon! Many thanks to Bill, John, Kevin, Joey, Robin, Annalisa, and especially Kevin and Michelle for all the work it took to pull this together.

Now, to go digest all that was presented!

edit: Safe traveling, everybody!

Dan,
This is Michelle posting under Kevin...Im sorry we didnt talk much at the mini..but Kevin said he talked to you and appreciated the fact that he was also recognized at the mini and you took the time to read our web site about kevins disease. Thanks for that! Your a very nice man...thanks for coming!
John Bullard......This is coming from Kevin....Your awesome! Great personality. What a great attitude you have and fun personality too.. its what the mini needed.
Robin.....Your contribution to the mini was awesome. Thank you. We were honored.
William......Kevin wants to talk to you more about things...Your nothing like we expected. Coming from Michelle here...All the ladies thought you were a cutie pie! Hope you got home safe.
Annalissa....what an increadible person you are. You are so personable. Anyone who doesnt know you is missing out.
We are only posting about people who read this board. Anyone i missed because i didnt think you read here....sorry!
Bill.....You did GREAT job. Someone had to run the ship, right? THANK YOU!

Guest wbottomley

I want to say "Thank You" to Michelle & Kevin for hosting this workshop. Then we have the presenters that shared their great knowledge with the rest of us and the other wonderful people that attended.

Hopefully I got to meet everyone and if I didn't, kick me in the A*& next time so I will. LOL.

If anyone has pictures and/or presentations to share, send them to me at pictures@planetchristmaslights.com and will get them published.

Thank you to everyone again!

Next stop, Carolina Mini in September

Had a great time. I barely post here, but use the LOR forum for info. Everyone who did not come by you missed a good time. Got to know a lot of people. Met several I have known from PC and other sited. Robin, my hero, John you were great, Annalisa your a trip, William you were great to meet and hope to keep in touch. The list goes on an on. And of course my neighbors Bill, Shane, Jim, and LArry. Michelle if you do not want to host the next one we could possibly do it over here. If people do not mind a school. I cannot thnk Mishelle and KEvin enough.

It's big, there's a cefeteria, and LCD projectors in half the rooms.

SnowLoverGeorgia wrote:

Hey if someone else wants to host..thats cool...But im up for the challenge again.:P

Since you did such a great job you can be in charge. I can provide the bigger place if needed.

Well got home at 5:30pm on Sunday. Yes it was a long drive. But I have to say that it was one of the best weekends I have had in years!

I really do not know where to start. Everyone was so nice to me and made me feel good inside for the first time in a long time.

Michelle and Kevin did an awesome job. You just could not have asked for better hosts or location. It was worth every single minute of road time and if you have one in April next year I will be there.

John Bullard you were the life of the party! Your ideas on trees and other items was insightful.

Joey, despite wearing a Steelers jersey was a joy to meet and talk too. He does fantastic work on coro. Now we just need to get him welding.

William I will tell you about those two old hens I drove back to the motel later. Needless to say I was ready to throw them to the curb and make them walk.

There were so many more that were just great and once again I thank everyone for being so nice to me.

P.S. Oh and I bought five Rite Time boxes for $10 each!!! YAHOO!!

Robin...I was a little intimidated to meet you, but you were super nice and not what i expected at all.:) I will have another MINI and i hope you do attend it. I swear ill talk to you more.

Annalisa...Wow! Unbelievably kind person and so down to earth. Kevin and I adored you. :D Hope you like the necklace. Please come to the next MINI.

MJ...I know i didnt talk to you much..but your very sweet and Kevin thought the world of you.:)

William....for some reason i pictured you by your screen name as an older haggard redneck mountain man...but instead you were suprisingly unlike all those things. Young, sweet, and clean cut. Man, we had you pegged wrong. Nice suprise. :P

Jen G.....What a nice person you are and not what i expected. ;)

Kevin Cook....Very professional and intelligent. Great speaker!:)

John Bullard....The life of the party. Everyone needs John at their party/MINI..please come to the next one. :D You were such a great and fun speaker.

Bill Learning....Thanks for being so helpful and nice. Great job on the speaking and holding it together for me. I needed you and you came through for me. Now can you put my lights on my roof for me? :P

Joey Felix.....What a nice guy you are and not at all what i expected! :P

Jim Nealand....All I can say is wow!:D

Justin D....super nice guy!:)

Larry Cupp... Thanks for being so nice and being yourself. :D

Larry Drum...You and Lorraine are so nice, We need to get together after my surgery. :D

Jeff Trout.....We really need to stay in touch. You and your wife are our kind of people! :D Too bad your not closer.

Harry Crane....you and your wife were more than kind to Kevin and I.:D

Jerry S........Hope you enjoyed it even though you didnt stay long. ;)

Dan C.....Kevin spoke to you and said you were great. I wish i had talked to you more.:)

With all that being said..... I feel like i have so many more friends now and it feels good.

If i didnt mention you, doesnt mean your forgotten.

SnowLoverGeorgia wrote:

John Bullard....The life of the party. Everyone needs John at their party/MINI..please come to the next one. :P You were such a great and fun speaker.

I was? I came with the intention of having fun, hmmm, I must have!

I enjoyed meeting everyone!

Fiday night's hospitality room was also great. Thanks Annalisa

John, you were just being yourself and you are quite a guy.

But for gosh sakes please stop with the hero tag. You are starting to give me a complex. Besides you would not want to ruin my reputation would you?:P

Guest wbottomley

SnowLoverGeorgia wrote:

William....for some reason i pictured you by your screen name as an older haggard redneck mountain man...but instead you were suprisingly unlike all those things. Young, sweet, and clean cut. Man, we had you pegged wrong. Nice suprise. :P

Ok... when you see at the next mini, you'll never know me when I put my disguise on. :P

Just might look like one. :P

See William I told you the same thing and we even talked on the phone. But funny thing I know we have seen you before (Christmas Lighting on the news). But for some reason we just forgot about that.

I had a blast at the GA mini, I took the info that ROBIN gave us on LOR 2 and since it was raining yesterday did a 4 minute sequence in half the time it would have taken me to do it my way *SMILE* ... Popcorn by Markhaus

being a tapper at heart it was a little scarey to let go of that and go with the new .. but now with the tracks, beat wizard, VU wizard, wave form and the tapper. WOW ..

Thanks Robin

it was great to meet everyone.

BTW it seems that some think I made the presentations Spreadsheets .. most of them came from Guys here and on PC .. so although they were in the presentation they came from the folks on the forums