Light-O-Rama Forums

Can I use a micro SD card in an adapter in my miniDirector?

Jaynee

I have a miniDirector currently running my regular show.  Since tonight is Christmas Eve, I want to run a special show that runs all night (just slow animation).  I don't have another SD card, but I DO have a micro SD card with an adapter that will fit.  Does anyone know if I can use that?  I really don't want to save over my current program, but would prefer to just swap out the cards at 11:30 p.m. when the regular show is due to end.

I could give it a shot. So long as the card itself has specs the director will read, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I'd create a test show in that miniSD first and test it out real quick though.

It's a class 10, 16GB card.  I think it's Lexmark brand.  I'll give a shot, and if it doesn't work, I'll just not run the slow animation tonight.

18 minutes ago, Jaynee said:

I have a miniDirector currently running my regular show.  Since tonight is Christmas Eve, I want to run a special show that runs all night (just slow animation).  I don't have another SD card, but I DO have a micro SD card with an adapter that will fit.  Does anyone know if I can use that?  I really don't want to save over my current program, but would prefer to just swap out the cards at 11:30 p.m. when the regular show is due to end.

I take out everything that doesn't pertain to Christmas / Jesus' birthday and run it all night through 10:00 pm tomorrow.

Then out comes all the playful / New Years stuff...

• Like 1

I can report that using a microSD card in an adapter DOES work in the miniDirector unit!  Was able to run my soft animation lights all night long on Christmas Eve.  Very happy!

Just now, Mega Arch said:

I take out everything that doesn't pertain to Christmas / Jesus' birthday and run it all night through 10:00 pm tomorrow.

Then out comes all the playful / New Years stuff...

That's what I wanted to do but I was asked by two soldiers parents to leave current show  it up a few days since they are coming home on leave. I will graciously fulfill her request!

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked