Light-O-Rama Forums

Secret Sale?????

Mike_1

Dan posted about this a few weeks ago, and the sale is over.

Basically, he had some overstock that he needed to clear out for inventory tax purposes, so they ran a sale just on a few items (PC boards, mostly). It started on a Saturday afternoon and items sold pretty quick.

I believe at the time he stated that he didn't want to send an email out to the mailing list because it would have caused too much demand and there would have been too many disappointed people (there weren't THAT many boards in-stock for the sale).

The regular sale in late Spring / early summer will still take place and all of the LOR hardware items will be on-sale like before, so you'll get another chance to get some sale prices before next season.

I hope that helps...

Randy

The secret sale was just on instock controllers, the summer sale will be broader. Additionally, Dan indicated that the summer sale will be about the same as the secret sale and that there will be no free shipping this year (no free shipping for the secret sale either.)

Mike_1 wrote:

I'm on the mailing list and I did not receive any news about a secret sale! Whats going on?

All of the replies are correct, but just wanted to ask, Did you read your post before submitting it?

Logic,

Why would Dan announce a "Secret" to hundreds and hundreds of people via email? I don't think I would want my secrets sent out like that!

--Daniel L

daniel wrote:

[snip]
Why would Dan announce a "Secret" to hundreds and hundreds of people via email? I don't think I would want my secrets sent out like that...

Good point but would have to say that when we do send an email it goes out to 10s of thousands not hundreds.:D I did feel a bit guilty that we didn't tell everyone but a couple hundred people did find out via the forums and we simply were not ready for the sales volume that an email would generate.

Dan

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

daniel wrote:
[snip]
Why would Dan announce a "Secret" to hundreds and hundreds of people via email? I don't think I would want my secrets sent out like that...

Good point but would have to say that when we do send an email it goes out to 10s of thousands not hundreds.;) I did feel a bit guilty that we didn't tell everyone but a couple hundred people did find out via the forums and we simply were not ready for the sales volume that an email would generate.

Dan

What sale you talking about? LOL

LightORamaDan wrote:

daniel wrote:
[snip]

Good point  but would have to say that when we do send an email it goes out to 10s of thousands not hundreds.;)  I did feel a bit guilty that we didn't tell everyone but a couple hundred people did find out via the forums and we simply were not ready for the sales volume that an email would generate.

Dan

Wow! I had a few thousand written down, but I thought that number was high! I would never have thought that many people subscribe!

William, April fools!

Iresq, yea... True (btw, I don't think I caught your real name...)

--Daniel L

Guest wbottomley

daniel wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
daniel wrote:
[snip]

Good point but would have to say that when we do send an email it goes out to 10s of thousands not hundreds.;) I did feel a bit guilty that we didn't tell everyone but a couple hundred people did find out via the forums and we simply were not ready for the sales volume that an email would generate.

Dan

Wow! I had a few thousand written down, but I thought that number was high! I would never have thought that many people subscribe!

William, April fools!

Iresq, yea... True (btw, I don't think I caught your real name...)

--Daniel L

Back at you Daniel. Bought 4 controllers and they are assembled. ;)

iresq wrote:

Everyone knows the net is the best place to keep a secret.

LOL ;)

daniel wrote:

Mike_1 wrote:
I'm on the mailing list and I did not receive any news about a secret sale! Whats going on?

All of the replies are correct, but just wanted to ask, Did you read your post before submitting it?

Logic,

Why would Dan announce a "Secret" to hundreds and hundreds of people via email? I don't think I would want my secrets sent out like that!

--Daniel L

I'm also in business and I tend to reward people that have done business with me in the past. I'm sure some people are on the mailing list for the regular sale that have not purchased from L.O.R. As such my logical conclusion was the secret sale was not to the general public but to those of us who had already purchased from L.O.R.

Now this may open a seperate discussion on how ones past and present life experiences affects there logical thinking. Was my logical thinking better than yours? Maybe, maybe not but it does show that I do think differently than you.

Mike