Light-O-Rama Forums

Chucks LOR Utility

Michael Bryant

Hey Guys,
I just went to Chuck's Corner looking to find a new LOR Utility for LOR 2, the one
that Print Your Light-O-Rama Channel Configuration, and found that he says it's
built into LOR 2 software. I couldn't find that feature in LOR 2, does anyone know
where it's located?
Michael

Thanks Denny

I don't know why I didn't see that before. It's not a bad one, but I like Chuck's version much better, but also don't want to go back to LOR 1. Maybe Chuck will update his utility for us die hard fans.

Michael

the one in LORII just seems to list in the order of your channels. I didn't see how you can sort it by controller. Can you?

The LOR channel configuration file is an XML document (LOR II only). Newer versions of Excel can open this format. You just need to save a copy of your channel configuration, change the file extension from ".lcc" to “.xml”, and open it with Excel.

When I did this, the channel info was in columns K – P (you may need to scroll down near the last row to find the values).

Don’t risk messing up an existing LOR file. Copy or save a separate file to do this.

My LOR power usage utility is able to extract the channel information from any LOR2 sequence file and puts the data in an Excel spreadsheet. You will need to have Excel installed on your computer to use it. To create the channel list select a sequence file and then press the 'Create Channel List' button. Once the channels are extracted it will automatically sort the data by controller. You can get the utility from here.

tom.