Light-O-Rama Forums

Extension cord's

Ricky

58 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

You can use SPT 1 or 2 and hide it under the wraps of lights.

Is there a certain footage you can use. Say if my controller is 20-40 feet away and make these up in place of extension cords? Thanks 

If you are using standard ac led lights with a CTB16 controller then they are just extension cords and can be pretty much as long as you want them.

I didn't want plugs on my arches, so I just spliced SPT in between the beginning of the light strings and the plug, and ran the SPT down the arch under the lights (so, obviously, start at the end and work your way back - emphasis on obviously - because I know someone very well who got 2 sections in before realizing he was going in the wrong order! haha).

I keep my controllers within a couple feel of the arches, but with as light a load as that is, 20-40 feet will be no problem - You're likely good beyond 100' if you really wanted with that light a load. 

I used 2500' of spt2 wire and will need a lot more for next year. We were finally able to reach the peak of my house this year using a 100' JLG man lift. Peak is 60' but in the past the Home Depot JLG would not reach. So yes 20-40' will not be a problem at all.

JR

The minute SPT goes on sale I'll be snatching that up.  i used 2000' between this year and last year, and will need more with the additional things I plan on building over the next year.  My husband has already told me to go ahead and get 2000' versus hedging my bets at 1000' and then needing more.

I may have to look into renting a JLG lift next year - my husband claims the only reason why he refuses to do our roof is that he's nervous about being on a ladder that high up.  Maybe if I rent a lift for a day, he'll be willing to light up our roofline!

I'd need another controller for that, though.  Hmmmm...:D

Just now, Jaynee said:

The minute SPT goes on sale I'll be snatching that up.  i used 2000' between this year and last year, and will need more with the additional things I plan on building over the next year.  My husband has already told me to go ahead and get 2000' versus hedging my bets at 1000' and then needing more.

I may have to look into renting a JLG lift next year - my husband claims the only reason why he refuses to do our roof is that he's nervous about being on a ladder that high up.  Maybe if I rent a lift for a day, he'll be willing to light up our roofline!

I'd need another controller for that, though.  Hmmmm...:D

If you have a Sun Belt Rental or another Rental Company who is closed on weekends, rent the JLG on Friday and turn it in on Monday for the 1 day price.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, dibblejr said:

If you have a Sun Belt Rental or another Rental Company who is closed on weekends, rent the JLG on Friday and turn it in on Monday for the 1 day price.

JR

Sweet!  There's one about five miles from my house!  Will definitely keep that in mind!