Light-O-Rama Forums

Is $1 per 9' 16awg SPT-2 extension cord a decent deal?

JeffF

Since the $0.06/ft 18awg SPT-1 deal has dried up, I was wondering if $1.00 per 9' of 16awg SPT-2 extension cord is a decent deal? I'm thinking it is but I just wanted to check to see if anybody knows of any other "hot" deals anywhere.

TIA.cheers.gif

-Jeff

That appears to be a good deal. What is the shipping? By means of comparison, Wally World sell a 6' for $1.30ish.

Care to share the source?

Sure...
http://www.christmasdepot.com/detail/28148

They still have 349 available at this time. Just a little FYI, they come in cases of 70 if you want to buy a whole case and they are of the "Westinghouse" brand. I bought 76 of them last week since I was pretty sure $1 each was at least a decent deal. They arrived today and are pretty nice cords for $1. I just bought another 70. :)

BTW, shipping made them ~$1.20 each.

I found one dollar store selling green 6 ft cords at $1. I bought 60 so far, but they are almost out. I keep stopping at dollar stores to see what they might have. One manager told me they never know for sure if they wll get 6ft, 9ft or 12 ft or a mix, but they are all $1 each. So I keep looking when I am in the neighborhood.

some home depots around here still have some of the 3 packs left @ 1.25. just look hard behind things and up high. also, if a store has any lots, just ask the manager about a price reduction if you buy them all. i did this a my nearest home depot and ended up buying 525 spt2 cords, but at .25 piece. never hurts to ask

jnealand wrote:

I found one dollar store selling green 6 ft cords at $1. I bought 60 so far, but they are almost out. I keep stopping at dollar stores to see what they might have. One manager told me they never know for sure if they wll get 6ft, 9ft or 12 ft or a mix, but they are all $1 each. So I keep looking when I am in the neighborhood.

Thanks for the advice. I've been swinging by Dollar General and they have cords for $2. Today I went looking for *real* dollar stores and found 3 or 4 in about one square mile... I bought six "dual" 6' cords for $6. These cords are funky in that you plug in one end to the outlet and then there are two 6' cords that come off of that. So really, for what I need them for, it's like getting two cords for $1. ;)

Thanks again. :cool: