Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama sequencing editor freezes temporary

Gamerlink1

Light-O-Rama sequencing editor freezes temporary for a about a split second every three seconds or so. Whats happening??? I have the latest version of Light-O-Rama II. Thanks!

did you notice if it is at a screen change, where the playing sequence goes to the end of the visible screen and then refreshes the screen to the next section?

Just curious ...

Gamelink, need more information.

What method of playback (full sequence, selection, visable screen).
What type of audio file?
Does this occur during screen changes?
Not sure I understand the animation reference. Are you saying you get a pause when drawing? Is the animation on during playback?
What computer system are you using?

LOR is very light on system resources. The animator, on the other hand, is not.

Can you get steady playback without the animator?

iresq wrote:

Gamelink, need more information.

What method of playback (full sequence, selection, visable screen).
What type of audio file?
Does this occur during screen changes?
Not sure I understand the animation reference. Are you saying you get a pause when drawing? Is the animation on during playback?
What computer system are you using?

LOR is very light on system resources. The animator, on the other hand, is not.

Can you get steady playback without the animator?

What else do you have running on the computer besides the LOR software?

Dennis

This is happening even when you are not playing a sequence?

How big a sequence are you using? Does it happen regardless of the sequence's size?

What percent of your CPU is being used when it happens? What percent is being used by LOR? Are there any other programs on your computer that seem to be using a large percentage? You can get the answers to these questions by bringing up your computer's Task Manager, and looking at the "Processes" tab. If you would like further information on how, please let me know.

Ok so to make things a bit more clear, The periodic freezes happen even when there is no sequence opened and running. Even going up to file and then scrolling down to open it freezes. Anything I do in the sequence editor it freezes. I have closed all my programs in the background, and still nothing. My computer is running at 1.7 GHz. I have 1 Gb Ram and a 40 Gb hard drive. I am using Windows XP Home edition. This only seemed to happen when I upgraded to the new version of Light-O-Rama II.

Mmm. Just uninstalled Light-O-Rama II. and reinstalled the later version of Light-O-Rama II, and everything seemed just fine. This only seemes to happen when I update to the newer version. Interesting??? Well I guess I will just stick with this version until the Full copy of Light-O-Rama II comes out. Thanks for all your help!

• 3 years later...

on the same vein - I have v2.9.4 Standard - I'll sequence and then try a playback, and for a few times it's ok - then it will not play and not give me the option to do anything - I can't even "X" out of the program, I have to CTL ALT DEL to the task manager to have it shut down. - Don't hold it against me, but I'm using an old Gateway with VISTA...