Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Schedule Problem - Please Help.

whitebuck

I for the life of me can't get the show scheduler to work properly.  I have attached the error I am getting.  It occurs when I try to enable schedule or try to run an ad-hoc show.

I tried a LOR ticket and they said I have Sequence Editor or Pixel Editor open at the same time and a conflict.  I tried closing everything, rebooting, and when I start Control Panel, it gives me the error automatically.  I am running Pixlite Controllers on DMX.   I can play the show otherwise thru multiple means, see the network and devices.  But the show scheduler has me for a loop.

Please Help

capture.PNG

Edited by whitebuck

Something somewhere is using or trying to use that same serial port.  If you have ANY LOR programs open - any that might control lights - Pixel Editor, Sequence Editor, Hardware Utility, SS, Show Scheduler, etc., then there will be a conflict.  If that turns up nothing, go into your windows control panel and take a look at what device(s) are competing for that port.

Something somewhere is using or trying to use that same serial port.  If you have ANY LOR programs open - any that might control lights - Pixel Editor, Sequence Editor, Hardware Utility, SS, Show Scheduler, etc., then there will be a conflict.  If that turns up nothing, go into your windows control panel and take a look at what device(s) are competing for that port.

Thanks George, I solved it by turning off the com port. I discovered that it was throwing the error when I opened the Hardware Utility. I ran a test now and I think it's working. The danger begins at 7 pm. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, whitebuck said:

Thanks George, I solved it by turning off the com port. I discovered that it was throwing the error when I opened the Hardware Utility.

No matter the time of year, there can be only one program capable of controlling lights using the com port at any given time.  Usually it will be the program you opened first.

I am not using the com port only the network jack/cable to the boxes. I suspect the problem is that it was looking for them. The neighbors loved the unveil and one guy drove by 3 times!

I was thinking more along the lines of whether Windows was using the same com port as your LOR USB connector wanted. 

In those cases, my understanding is that Windows will satisfy it's needs before yours.

I see what your saying. I made it go away by setting LOR to look for None instead of Com1.

• The topic was locked