Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP The show keeps crashing every other night.

Kyle Whitaker

I posted this before in the Software section of the forum but have not gotten any response so I'm hoping that maybe it is seen in this section.

This is the now the 4th time that this message has popped up.

LORMonitor

LORMonitor has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Close Program.

When this happens the show freezes and no longer works until it is manually restarted.  At this point I can't come up with any solution besides maybe getting another computer (which I can't afford right now)  Any idea what the cause may be?  

What kind of machine. What version of Windows and LOR.

Could be many things. Here are a few possibilities.

Is a re install of Windows an option.

Try reinstalling LOR.

Check the LOR monitor status log. May give a clue as to whether a particular sequence is misbehaving.

Are there any other programs running in the background .

Are your drivers and Windows up to dste, Update your video drivers

Just a few things to investigate.

HP AMD 64 bit (not sure the exact processor but can check later) with 8 GB memory.  Running Windows 10 and have never run or installed anything else on it except for LOR.  Currently running LOR 4.3.14 Advanced.  I have all drivers up to date and uninstalled all pre-configured programs that I can.  I have disabled Windows Defender and no other program seems to be running (besides the normal windows services).  I rebooted each time this occurred as quickly as I could since cars were waiting and wondering what was going on so I can't check the log at this point.  I'll check the next time and see if anything is displayed.  I am guessing that the logs are not saved to a file anywhere. I attached a photo of the error and the Status monitor and don't see anything that stands out.

20161213_143725.jpg

Edited by Kyle Whitaker

Interesting. I am having this same problem, but the show keeps running. I'm running win xp, so that may be why my show isn't crashing.

HP Pavilion - 15z Laptop

Product number: M7D88AV

Serial number: 5CD5384TJG

Security Software Trial

Office Software Trial

AMD Quad-Core A8-7410 Processor + AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics

8GB DDR3L - 1 DIMM

750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

SuperMulti DVD burner

802.11b/g/n WLAN [1x1]

15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView WLED-backlit Display (1366x768)

4-cell 41WHr Lithium-ion Battery

Standard Keyboard

HP Laptop

Windows 10 Home 64

Natural silver

HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone (natural silver)

Check your power settings to insure its not trying to go to sleep. Also check advanced power settings and examine the USB power to insure the OS is not turning off the USB power either. Copy all LOR sequences and directories to a backup directory. Remove and reiinstall the LOR suite. Disable the internet either via Cat5 or WWiFi from accessing the computer. Turn off the security/AV software. Be sure to have fully scanned the system with the AV software prior to turning it off.

Edited by dgrant

Check your background operations or scheduled tasks as well.  I had problems a couple years ago where a defrag and other software updates would cause this.

• The topic was locked