Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Suite Stalls

LKFuchs

For weeks I have been experiencing problems with lights not corresponding to what I see for the commands in the sequencing software.  I originally posted this issue with the LOR Help Desk and the Hardware Forum.  Several people have suggested that I have a network problem but The problem replicates itself even if I take my laptop outside, remove all but one controller from the network, use a new network cable and USB485 adapter plugged directly into the controller and run a show on demand.

Today, I opened the sequencing suite and played one of the sequences.  Around one minute into the sequence the progress bar stalls, jumps forward, stalls and on and on for the remainder of the sequence.  I copied the sequence to a thumb drive and pasted it into a different laptop, played the sequence and the same issue happened.  This rules out a computer issue.  I then copied the sequence and renamed it, played it again and the same thing happens.

Does anyone have some suggestions on how to resolve this issue?  Is there a configuration somewhere that I am missing? 

First thing is to note that controlling the lights from the Sequence Editor is VERY CPU intensive compared to playing a show from the Show Player.  Bring up the Windows Task Manager and watch the CPU load.

Next, physically removing any or all of the controllers from the network from the LOR network does absolutely nothing to reduce the CPU load on the computer, nor the traffic load on the network.  The computer generates the commands and the USB adapter translates those to RS-485 based command on the network.  Neither could less whether the controllers are actually there or not.

I sort of remember the prior thread, but not in detail.  What speed and mode is your network, and how many and what type of controllers are on the network?

I am running regular network for 7-  16 channel controllers at 57K also tried 119K and lowest speed.  I also run an Aux A for my 12 CCR's at 119K.   I really do not understand why the same issue appears on two different computers and I see the progress bar stalling and jumping on most sequences in the sequence editor  and one or two other sequences with the same number of channels it runs smoothly without stalling or jumping.

For starters, 12 CCRs on a single 115k network is very likely overloading that network. If it's in enhanced mode, that may be OK however.

As far as CPU load, it depends on what is running. Again, start the Windows Task Manager and see what the CPU load is doing.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

• The topic was locked