Light-O-Rama Forums

Turning my display on and off

JimCanfield

Sorry if this is an obvious question. I just read through the help manual with the LOR2 and cannot figure out if LOR2 will turm my display on or not. I saw in the schedule editor where you can add a show at a certain time. I am guessing that if I set the show to start at 4:30 pm then LOR2 will start and my lights will be turned on accordingly. Conversly, if I set it to run to 10:00 it will turn off at 10:00. So that means that I do not need timers to turn my lights on anymore? All I will need to do is leave my laptop on then.

What if at 10:00 it is in the middle of a sequence? Will it wait until the song is finished at least?

Yes. Most users leave the controllers powered up all the time. When the control panel is enabled, and no show is playing, it will watch the schedule and start a show at the scheduled time. When a show is over, it will check the show schedule. If it is still in the schedule for that show, it plays it again. If it is past the end time, it will run the show shutdown sequences, and stop for the night...

- Kevin

Just a little note to add....
Last year were trying to save some money / power bill so we advertised that the show ran till 9:30. However I felt guilty when people were watching the show and it was time to shut down. So I changed the time on the computer from 9:30 to 8:30. Lengthing the show by an hour. It worked great with no hiccups;)

The start up and shut down sequence can be a musical sequence that uses a voice over instead of music correct? Just something simple like thank you for visiting our display and good night?

toymakr000 wrote:

So I changed the time on the computer from 9:30 to 8:30. Lengthing the show by an hour. It worked great with no hiccups;)

You can also run the Schedule Editor while the show is still playing to change the end time. LOR will notice that the schedule file has changed and keep the show running until the new end time.

Another note: Last year our display included two neighbors. The neighbor next door was worried about safety since he wasn't using a GFCI, so he just left his controller unplugged until he got home. The show still started without problems (and without his lights), and his controller "joined" the show after it was plugged in.