Light-O-Rama Forums

Help, Lights don't aways come on

Guest guest

I just got my board & set it up today. It seems to work fine from the hardware test tool. But when I try a sequence some events are missed every time. Here's a sequence I expected to light 1-16 then turn them out. Instead 1-8 works fine. When it gets to 9, 1-8 go out and stay out as 9-16 turn on. Then 1-8 sequential flash on. Nothing like it should be.

Attached files 34050=1905-seq..JPG

CharlieAirey wrote:

I just got my board & set it up today. It seems to work fine from the hardware test tool. But when I try a sequence some events are missed every time. Here's a sequence I expected to light 1-16 then turn them out. Instead 1-8 works fine. When it gets to 9, 1-8 go out and stay out as 9-16 turn on. Then 1-8 sequential flash on. Nothing like it should be.

Charlie, just looking at the pic, it looks like channel 8 is labeled as "0"? It was hard to really tell but it looked like a "0" to me.

I checked the numbers and they are sequential. Some times it works. If I turn 1 on then off, 2 on then off, etc all the way to 16 it works. I did that a couple times right before this part.

If I have a long section with 9-16 they work, same with 1-8. If I put I 16 channels on at the same time, NONE work.

I had 9-16 working, then I added 8, 7, 6, etc. It worked fine till I got to 3 or 1. If I try to turn on 3 or 1 with 9-16 they all go out.

Weird.

Charlie

Hummm, have you tried disconnecting everything and restart the harware? That is strange.

If you haven't already, disconnect everything, and start over following the LOR instructions. If it does the same thing, it might be something in the board which Dan here from LOR would have to help you further on this. BUT, I sure would like to know what the fix is.

Each lesson/problem learned is pretty valuable to all us LOR users.

Tom

Okay, I think it is a hardware problem!

I went back into the hardware test tool and selected all outputs then selected ON. All the light blinked on for a fraction of a second. However, If I deselect 1 & 3, and do an ON command, they stay on, they don't blink.

Charlie

BTW I did a power reset with the same results, any other reset ideas?

Charlie,

I think this is a problem for "Super Dan" from LOR. You might PM him what's going on. I still would like to know what's going on though. That's the first I've heard or read since this new chatroom started.

DAN, are you out there? Uncle DAN?

Try to make a show up and try it again. Some times the editor skips depending on how fast your computer is a certain settings. When you make a show that is all that is playing, not graphics to slow the computer down.

--Daniel L

Hi,

I already responded to an email from Charlie.... I agree that it sounds like a problem with that card. I have told him that we will send a replacement and a return shipping sticker for the original card.

LightORama wrote:

Hi,

I already responded to an email from Charlie.... I agree that it sounds like a problem with that card. I have told him that we will send a replacement and a return shipping sticker for the original card.

Uncle Dan, thanks. We always can count on you.

LOR #1 :waycool:

LightORama wrote:

Hi,

Thats why I chose LOR :]

Edit: Because I believe after reading all the post's in this forum for the last couple of months, that Dan knows the difference between Customer Service and Customer No Service. He will take the time to answer even my stupidest question, even when I was not yet his customer (I am now, I bought boards) and from what I can tell whenever anyone had a problem he was on it and the problem was resolved yesterday. True customer service will repay itself 10 fold in return and future customers, due to word of mouth and forums like this. Customer No Service will cost you 10 fold because if you treat someone poorly and and provide poor customer service that person will most likely tell everyone he meets not to do business with that company and will explain why in detail.

I just wish more American company's treated their customers the way LOR (Dan) does. (Dan, you the man).

Edit: Because I believe after reading all the post's in this forum for the last couple of months, that Dan knows the difference between Customer Service and Customer No Service. He will take the time to answer even my stupidest question, even when I was not yet his customer (I am now, I bought boards) and from what I can tell whenever anyone had a problem he was on it and the problem was resolved yesterday. True customer service will repay itself 10 fold in return and future customers, due to word of mouth and forums like this. Customer No Service will cost you 10 fold because if you treat someone poorly and and provide poor customer service that person will most likely tell everyone he meets not to do business with that company and will explain why in detail.

I just wish more American company's treated their customers the way LOR (Dan) does. (Dan, you the man).

Can I get an AMEN!? My family was just discussing how bad customer service has gotten recently. My mother-in-law uses a Bernina computerize sewing machine. She had some trouble with it and sent it in to be fixed. It took almost three months for it to come back after umpteen number of phone calls and messages, many of which would go unanswered.

Thanks Dan for being #1 in customer service!

Dan,

I also recently received my first 16D board. I have used the hardware utility to manipulate the control of the channels for my MERRY CHRISTMAS sign. In my case each letter is a 35 count mini light set. I first thought that the 35 light set was not enough load to fire the TRIAC. After messing with it, discovered that turning on all channels i get no output.

I noticed in the hardware utility that the board is showing version 2.0. Is that the correct version of the firmware for the board?

Chuck

cmoore wrote:

Dan,

I also recently received my first 16D board. I have used the hardware utility to manipulate the control of the channels for my MERRY CHRISTMAS sign. In my case each letter is a 35 count mini light set. I first thought that the 35 light set was not enough load to fire the TRIAC. After messing with it, discovered that turning on all channels i get no output.

I noticed in the hardware utility that the board is showing version 2.0. Is that the correct version of the firmware for the board?

Chuck

Chuck,

I am going to put a general post to address this. It will be stuck at the top of the page.

Dan