Light-O-Rama Forums

ctb16 PC Hardware Utility ID

ejs3

Built and tested my PC board out just fine. Assigned the unit ID tested each channel all ok. The only thing is in the hardware utility, drop down box where you select which controller your addressing it doesnt listthe LOR controller type correctly. It lists it as "unknown" or "unknown device" (something like that). The LOR hardware utility program is still able to find the device, unit id# and communicate with the controller just fine, however the model number description is not correctly returnned.

Any ideas anyone?

ejs3 wrote:

Built and tested my PC board out just fine. Assigned the unit ID tested each channel all ok. The only thing is in the hardware utility, drop down box where you select which controller your addressing it doesnt listthe LOR controller type correctly. It lists it as "unknown" or "unknown device" (something like that). The LOR hardware utility program is still able to find the device, unit id# and communicate with the controller just fine, however the model number description is not correctly returnned.

Any ideas anyone?

You are probably not using the latest version of the Hardware Utility. Check the version number on your copy of the HU and then go to the LOR Support page and make certain you have the most recent version.

• 4 weeks later...

I also had that problem this past year. I was using LOR 1.6.15. I think it was the newness of the pc controllers. Had no problems running the show.