Light-O-Rama Forums

songs skipping with Minidirector

Angie Whitecotton

we've been having the system skip songs and mess up in the middle of songs. I bought a new better SD card thinking that would help. 

Any ideas what causing it??

I am having a similar problem with the G3-MP3 show director.  I can only get one sequence to run and then it has to be by itself on the SD card.  I had multiple sequences on the card and the first one would work and then it would quit controlling the lights but the music would still be playing.  I have tried several brand new SD cards without success.  Sometimes it would only control some of the lights.  LOR sent me a new hardware utility and I could not get it to load on my computer.  You probably should open a problem ticket with LOR.

I know sounds chump, but are you both using Sandisk cards?

LOR recommends Kingston. I had some problems and then bought the Kingston cards and they all went away. I have 46 minutes playing perfectly.  

2 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

LOR recommends Kingston. I had some problems and then bought the Kingston cards and they all went away. I have 46 minutes playing perfectly.  

no Sandisks I did see that when reading about cards. I couldn't find the Kingston local but got lexar professional card

Edited by Angie Whitecotton

7 minutes ago, Angie Whitecotton said:

no Sandisks I did see that when reading about cards. I couldn't find the Kingston local but got lexar professional card

I have a Lexar that works fine too. Just was hoping your problem would be simple. 

I had to open a help ticket because of the same problem. Beit my unit was new, a replacement was sent and received within 3 days.

It would play good for a song or two but then would skip and finally just repeat like 3-5 seconds of the song.

My cards were PNY so I knew that wasn't the issue. Replacement has worked ever since.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

17 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I had to open a help ticket because of the same problem. Beit my unit was new, a replacement was sent and received within 3 days.

It would play good for a song or two but then would skip and finally just repeat like 3-5 seconds of the song.

My cards were PNY so I knew that wasn't the issue. Replacement has worked ever since.

JR

Ours is new as well. That's  exactly  what mines doing!! It plays fine then skips and then is fine again. 

I did open a ticket 

well its now playing songs and not the lights on few of the songs.....UGH! our local light contest starts tomorrow too.... 

9 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

I am using Lexar SD cards.  I will try and find some Kingston cards.

7 hours ago, Angie Whitecotton said:

well its now playing songs and not the lights on few of the songs.....UGH! our local light contest starts tomorrow too.... 

This sounds like the same problem I am having.

8 hours ago, Angie Whitecotton said:

Ours is new as well. That's  exactly  what mines doing!! It plays fine then skips and then is fine again. 

I did open a ticket 

Also, they replaced that entire enclosure and all so no need to remove the mini director.

Im sure you will have a resolution fast, mine was just before Halloween and within 3 days I got the replacement and returned the bad one.

I was told to update firmware again. How long this normally take? Been loading for 15 minutes now...

I did a firmware update on my G3-MP3.  It only took a couple minutes to download the latest level and then only took a few minutes to send it out to the G3-MP3.  Supposedly they are releasing a new level of software which is supposed to take care of the problem.

4 minutes ago, Andy Anderson said:

I did a firmware update on my G3-MP3.  It only took a couple minutes to download the latest level and then only took a few minutes to send it out to the G3-MP3.  Supposedly they are releasing a new level of software which is supposed to take care of the problem.

Well blonde moment I didn't take the ad card out..... lol 

all updated hopefully that fixes it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angie Whitecotton said:

all updated hopefully that fixes it 

Hopefully that will fix your problems.  I am still waiting for a resolution on my problems.  Let us know if this fixes it.