Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer no longer shows

drmoon68

This worked a few days ago. I have clicked the Simulation Mode in Visualizer. When I go back to SE and play, the screen is just black. What I have notice is the Play Menu does not have Control Visualizer check and it does not seem to let me check it. I have the Visualizer Preferences set to the defaults Host 127.0.0.1. The Host Port was set to 30303. The help file shows 30304. I have tried both.

I had that issue on one PC.  In visualizer - under the options menu - Com/Ref (tab 6) I had to uncheck the Advanced Rendering Engine.  It worked after that.

My Host Port setting is set to 30303.

Walt

Edited by wbaker4

Make sure you don't have another Sequence open, that was my problem while copy and pasting sequences, if I had two sequences open the vis and you can see prop but when hit play goes black.

best of luck

JR

Sometimes we over think it too.

Trying closing both programs and simply reopen them. Happens to me occasionally - I have a bad habit of always being logged in - left on - ect. Oh look - shiny over there - be right back...

Well, my screen in Visualizer wasn't black. Rather it was all white. Simply closed everything and restarted and everything worked fine afterwards. Go figure.